Spacing between carbs & reads

Port King

I don't remember ever seeing this setup you are talking about. But setting the carb that far away from the reeds would slow down the harmonic impulse to the carb coming from the cylinder. It would be somewhat like a valosity stack, which is used on the back of a carb to get the air started to lining up into the carb. It depends on how long the tube is to where the RPM range is the strongest.

Also this in effect inlarges the case so a larger charge is waiting to enter the cylinder. I think that the gas would have more chance to drop out of the air streem between the carb and the reeds. But because it is a drag bike the rpms are so high there is no lag time to drop out. So there are a few thoughts on this setup.

I don't think this would work on anything but a drag motor.

Thanks Buddy.

It is strickly a drag motor.

In the velocity tube i was thinking since i did not see in the other guys tube. I thought that it would be a good idea to have tow fins inside the tube spaced one inche apart in a x formation. It might help the fuel from dropping and create more turbulence.

Anyway i should be able to test this on a dyno in a couple of month max. I'm going to post my results.

Edited by Port King

I know this isn't apples to apples, but...

My buddy had reed spacers on his 72mm super cub 10 mil, he took them off and gained a hair more power and response.

Now...I know how different the Cheetah intake is from the cub/super cub...but I thought I'd share that with you....