Hot Rods 4mm storker crank w/+5mm rod

Hot Rods piston kits

Cool Head w/20cc domes

stock bore

stock carbs (minus jetting of course)

stock jugs

VF3 cages and reeds

FMF gnarlys and silencers

Ok so i know that the the gnarlys arent the best choice of pipes for this setup but they will ahve to do for now. Questions

1) If i remember correctly the Hot Rods pistons have the wrist pin moved up 5mm. Is this true and if so what does that mean as far as motor displacement?

2) Can i run the 20cc domes that i was using before i put the stoker in or do i need to get diffrent ones?

3) Do i need to run a spacer plate and if so what size?

4) Do i need any thing else to make the stroker and piston set up fit and not have any clearance issues?

5) How will my port timing be affected(will it run at all or will it have power at bottom only or no power at all or ...?)

6) If i do have everything i need (or once i get spacer plate or what might be needed) can i run this setup with success? (i.e. is it a absloute must to get diffrent exaust and carbs? I am not looking to break speed records i just want to ride the damn thing)

I do really appreciate yalls putting up with me and all my questions. Thanks in advance for any and all help yall can give me!

You need either, a spacer plate, or domes cut to compensate 4 the stroke. Your port timings will not be right either way, but it will run. Since you have a long rod crank, you need either 795 series pistons or blaster pistons(only in certain sizes). The long rod does nothing for displacement. If you want to reap the benefits of going to a stroker motor, you need to have it ported, and you need to address the timing(adjustable timing plate will work for the basics). The stock carbs and Knarlys will work fine, but if you want the motor to run at all to its potential, bigger carbs to go w/the porting will make big difference. If you are not looking for a drag type motor, your pipes will be fine regardless. If you want that high RPM power, you will want a drag pipe. Bottom line is to make it work, you need to make sure you have the correct pistons for the crank, and you need a spacer or cut domes.

i figured out whats going on. They are the correct pistons. Not sure if they are weisco relabels or not though. Wrist pin is moved up 5mm. Alls i need is the hot rods gasket kit and diffrent domes and i am set. Thanx for you help man. I guess i jsut had to much shit going through my head that i was trying to make it more difficult than it really is heres to you:beer:

i figured out whats going on. They are the correct pistons. Not sure if they are weisco relabels or not though. Wrist pin is moved up 5mm. Alls i need is the hot rods gasket kit and diffrent domes and i am set. Thanx for you help man. I guess i jsut had to much shit going through my head that i was trying to make it more difficult than it really is heres to you:beer:

You don't need the spacer and cut domes, one or the other. As was said above though, best way is domes and have it ported to match the stroke.

with no porting i would run a plate dont do the domes it will run like shit... also if you ran a plate dont use any gaskets.. pm me for details if you wanna run a plate.. but bet it will run better with a plate then cut domes till you get porting for a 4mil... then when you get porting you and your biulder can decide wether to run a plate or not...

with no porting i would run a plate dont do the domes it will run like shit... also if you ran a plate dont use any gaskets.. pm me for details if you wanna run a plate.. but bet it will run better with a plate then cut domes till you get porting for a 4mil... then when you get porting you and your biulder can decide wether to run a plate or not...

The best setup is porting and cut domes, but I agree with bansheefreak... if you're not going to port then the plate is neccissary and don't worry about the domes.