Progress pics

BansheeKid15

Made some more progress on my bike this past weekend. Put the motor in the frame, cut the rear plastics... etc

IMG_0351.jpg

Polished the clutch cover also.

IMG_0358.jpg

temp gauge

IMG_0355.jpg

Rear cut. i have to round off the rest of the edge on the flywheel side

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

All i have to do is a leak down test, put the pipes on, engine ice, pegs etc

Hopefully this weekend it will be running.

looking good!!! that white frame pops does it have flake in it?

Nope, i think its a combo of it being really clean, and the sun hitting it. The color is actually a white/silver vein. Looks a little darker in person.

I cant wait to get the rest of my chrome stuff on there. I also have some LSR a arms that i bought off socalinit, still deciding what color to go with.

Yea it does, since im not running a coolant bottle (for pods), and i just spent a pretty good chunk of money on the motor, i thought it would be necessary. heres the link http://www.crjperformance.com/tega.html

All it does it splice into the return rediator hose.

IMG_0357.jpg

Then you mount the LCD screen on your bars. I didnt need/want all the cool things that the trail-tech has (also wanted it small), just something that would show me the temp while i was riding.

From the looks of it when i was putting it on, its a pretty nicely crafted piece.

Thanks for the comments guys :beer:

Yea it does, since im not running a coolant bottle (for pods), and i just spent a pretty good chunk of money on the motor, i thought it would be necessary. heres the link http://www.crjperformance.com/tega.html

All it does it splice into the return rediator hose.

IMG_0357.jpg

Then you mount the LCD screen on your bars. I didnt need/want all the cool things that the trail-tech has (also wanted it small), just something that would show me the temp while i was riding.

From the looks of it when i was putting it on, its a pretty nicely crafted piece.

Thanks for the comments guys :beer:

Since i'm having some overheat issues i could really use this

but I was just wondering what temperature should my shee be running at?

Mods

t5's

ported

polished

2 sizes over stock

k&n air filter no air box

330 main

cool head

and more

Edited by 714banshee380

Is your jetting right on? because that will somewhat decide if your bike is running hot or not. If your too lean it will be hot. Im going to running a 27.5 pilot, 3rd clip needle, and 340 mains. The operating temp should be no different from a car, right around 180 and maybe a little hotter when your on it good.

I would get one again personally. Its an easy was to keep an eye on your motor especially if you overheating. The temp gauge is a lot less expensive than a new top end.

Is your jetting right on? because that will somewhat decide if your bike is running hot or not. If your too lean it will be hot. Im going to running a 27.5 pilot, 3rd clip needle, and 340 mains. The operating temp should be no different from a car, right around 180 and maybe a little hotter when your on it good.

I would get one again personally. Its an easy was to keep an eye on your motor especially if you overheating. The temp gauge is a lot less expensive than a new top end.

what i didn't know shees get up to 180???

that's way hott

Thanks for the link!! just bought one. Bike looks real nice btw

Thanks!, its simple and it works :thumbsup:

what temp do you idle it to bfore you take off. those would be handy up north in canada where im at.

I would guess ( i havent started it up yet) but i would probably let it warm to 130-ish

what i didn't know shees get up to 180???

that's way hott

Thats actually not that hot, thats about what your average car runs. When you get into the 200's, like 205 to 210 is where you start to have problems. Someone correct me if im wrong.

EDIT: remember, your talking about the coolant that passes through the whole motor (hasnt hit the radiator yet), and by the jugs as they are firing. and it takes the temp of that. The best estimate of what your engine temperature is at.

Got some more pics! I also got it running this weekend, it sounds deeper than before. Ive only done 2 heat cycles, but i didnt get to take it for a quick ride up and down the street. I still have to do some adjusting on the pegs, put the chain on, rear shock cover, and adjust the clutch pull because i made it too tight (yay... get to drain all the fluids again). Then i need to clean things too...

Here are some pics

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

I also have LSR a arms from socalinit... just waiting on shocks

Thanks for looking.

Kevin, im thinking im going to go with a noss head afterall. What size domes would you recommend?

EDIT: For the guys who were wondering about the temp gauge. On the back of it, you can change the temp from F to C, and also turn it on and off... so it doesnt have to stay on while its not in use.