mutant banshee

I figure if I do this both the banshee and polaris guys and gals might disown me but here goes.This is an idea I'm thinking about.Of course,I have the TB I'm putting together.I also have the sport that's still in pieces.

I have always loved banshees(please forgive me.LOL),and I have a friend with enough parts to put together a banshee except no motor.I was thinking about putting the 400 motor together and installing the motor on the banshee frame.I figure there will need to be some fabricating but the end result might be worth it.There are more parts readily available for the banshee frame.I think the chain is on the right side of the sport and left on the banshee.Why could I not just reverse the carrier/axle in the swingarm if I buy an aftermarket swingarm with a round carrier.Plus I could then buy a drag axle.

Could also use a banshee rear brake to replace the polaris rear brake which my past experience the polaris rear braking isn't the best in the world.

I was thinking about a stock banshee with light suspension,but I'm also wondering how much heavier the sport motor/transmission is than a banshee motor.Also wondering about the height of the 400 compared to the 350 banshee engine.This may interferre with the gas tank.Hmmm?

What do ya think?

What could I call it?

Maybe paint it black and call it "black sheep".

I'm thinking the banshee looks that I prefer the most with the convience of an automatic.

yeah,I've been getting some advice from a guy on a polaris site with some helpful modifying tips.

He has polaris' and banshees.

I'll definitely have some modifying to do but hopefully can get it to work.

Thanks for the reply.I thought everyone had turned their backs on me. :down::confused:

The pipe is one of my concerns also.Might have to use an out of frame drag pipe but hopefully can get an inframe to work.CPI makes an inframe for the 400 engine.

Been doing some research and it might not be as bad as ya think.

The sport 400 motor and transmission is two separate parts joined by the belt.

I'll just use the motor and use a jack shaft.This will just be a drag bike but should be fun.

I've been told the motor will be lighter than a banshee motor.

It is a single cylinder.

Just will have to experiment with gearing.

Found these pictures on another site.

Should be very helpful.

bansheesport1.jpg

I do hope to have drag a-arms,marvin shaws,swingarm with round housing,and a drag axle.

Plus hopefully will get the motor up to around 75 hp. on race gas.Maybe even a little spray if needed.

Sure it won't be the fastest out there but different and hopefully fun. :thumbsup:

Yeah,it might be but if it works out might be upgrading to a larger motor later.

Just want to ease back into a drag quad.

After I wrecked the last one a few years ago,I don't want to build another fast one and get hurt again.

Glad your getting back into it. After watching your's and travis'es race it made me want to build a drag bike. Now I'm building a 10mill DM and stretching my frame 24 otf and 10 otb. eric

All I can say is hang on!LOL!

That rig should fly.