Did older shees have different Carbs?

87_shee

Well I have always wondered what these carbs came from. They were on my bike when I got it as a pile of parts. They don't look the same as my buddies stock carbs, but they are 26mm. I would like to know what the purpose of the fitting that goies from the bowl into the mouth of the carb, I haver never seen this on other carbs?

CIMG0592.jpg

Here is a closer pic

CIMG0593.jpg

It goes to the little hole on the right

CIMG0595.jpg

Surely someone on here can shed some light?

First I've ever seen that...

My only guess is it's a power jet type system....maybe it sprays fuel at WOT...are there any holes along the roof of the carb where the tube goes through from inlet to the other side...

Funky.... I would think if it had anything to do with the choke circuit it would be on the intake side of the carb, not the airbox side....

Yah I was thinking maybe somekind of built in power jet also. The only place it goes is from the bowl to the back of the carb the small little hole on the right in the last picture.

I always seem to have different jetting compared to my buddy with stock carbs, I wonder if this has something to do with it?

I wonder if there is any advantage with these carbs compared to stock?

Edited by 87_shee

First I've ever seen that...

My only guess is it's a power jet type system....maybe it sprays fuel at WOT...are there any holes along the roof of the carb where the tube goes through from inlet to the other side...

Funky.... I would think if it had anything to do with the choke circuit it would be on the intake side of the carb, not the airbox side....

I was thinking the same thing :shrug:

If I were to throw in my 2 cent guess, this could be a design to pressurize the float bowls in a pressurized air box configuration.

On street bikes that have ram air and carbs, you have to pressurize the bowls too.

Interesting... So i wonder if these could be from an old rz/rd or someother oldschool streetbike?