Noob question - tire removal

vwyamaha

I came across a trick that greatly improved my ability to have patience with mounting ATV tires.....

Get 2 craftsman red handled pry bars.... work the tire down a cunt hair so you can get both the tips of the pry bars in the bead ring.

Take one and put it in finger bend down.... then take the other and put it right on top of the other one into the bead, finger bend side up...

Then you can pull the handles together and it acts just like a bead break you would buy from like... RMATV. spreading the fingers apart and pushing the tire bead off the rim bead. You'lll have to do it in 2 or 3 spots to get it to let go. :thumbsup:

I pulled a tire off a rim in less then 3 minutes last time I used this technique. :wink:

on a side note has anyone used any of the atv tire romovers that bolt on the wheel like what rmatv has?

yup.... ripped the bead of the tire.... leaked on the next rim. Had to take it back off the bead again to rubber cement it and seal the mess it made out of a nice tire. Plus it's a bit to rugged for alum rims. You need to be more gentle that you can be with that tool.

Edited by TurboBanshee420