mod advise

bansheee87

hi i have a 87 banshee i just rebuilt new crank, board .20 over wiseco pistons, fmf fatty pipe ,boyesen reeds,stage 3 fmf carb kit, k&n air filters. it might of had 4 hours on it. i went ice racing and about 8 laps into it i blew it up. took it apart and there was a hole in one piston and some shavings went into the crank case so im woundering what to do, i have a wsm big bore kit with 70.5 pistons but what else would i have to do to the motor , any other performance suggestion would be helpfull. thanks ty

hi i have a 87 banshee i just rebuilt new crank, board .20 over wiseco pistons, fmf fatty pipe ,boyesen reeds,stage 3 fmf carb kit, k&n air filters. it might of had 4 hours on it. i went ice racing and about 8 laps into it i blew it up. took it apart and there was a hole in one piston and some shavings went into the crank case so im woundering what to do, i have a wsm big bore kit with 70.5 pistons but what else would i have to do to the motor , any other performance suggestion would be helpfull. thanks ty

I am no expert but front all my knowledge and everything i have learned here i would say dont bore it out too much it wont gain you much and it will decrease the # of time you can bore the cylinders. Also if you want more power you could get it ported and do cool head and a timing plate. Or any combination of them. Head and timing should increase bottom end and the porting will make the most power and will be a huge difference( at least from what i am told.)

Good luck man.

Hey it also sounds like you were running too lean. Make sure you double and tripple check those plugs before you go WOT for a long time.