In need of help

get the cylinders bored and honed , if you are doing the motor you might as well do it right . its not much more money . 120-150 bucks . some times you can get away with just a hone if your cylinder wall are clean . at least get them checked out to see if they need a bore .

if its worth doing then its worth doing right !

get the cylinders bored and honed , if you are doing the motor you might as well do it right . its not much more money . 120-150 bucks . some times you can get away with just a hone if your cylinder wall are clean . at least get them checked out to see if they need a bore .

if its worth doing then its worth doing right !

My walls are really clean it was just loosing a little compression.

dont waste a bore if you dont need it. hone it and get a set of stock size wiseco pro-lites and put them in and check your ring end-gap. If its too big, then do the bore and go to the next size. Most times you will be able to just get away with a hone job and be good to go. Just be sure to check your piston/cylinder clearance and ring end gap before you just slap it together and ride it.

- Jared

dont waste a bore if you dont need it. hone it and get a set of stock size wiseco pro-lites and put them in and check your ring end-gap. If its too big, then do the bore and go to the next size. Most times you will be able to just get away with a hone job and be good to go. Just be sure to check your piston/cylinder clearance and ring end gap before you just slap it together and ride it.

- Jared

why would you buy new pistons then check and if its not good then bore the cylinders and buy a new set of pistons , doesnt make sense to me .

don't waste a bore if you don't need it. hone it and get a set of stock size wiseco pro-lites and put them in and check your ring end-gap. If its too big, then do the bore and go to the next size. Most times you will be able to just get away with a hone job and be good to go. Just be sure to check your piston/cylinder clearance and ring end gap before you just slap it together and ride it.

- Jared

I agree I just went to wiseco pro-lites and my original top-end only had 10 or so hours on it, I only did it because I was doing some shift mods and a crank true and weld so i figured what the heck. All I ended up doing was hone it a bit.

Yeah I went the cheap way and didn'tbore it once and I had REAL troubless then when my "new" pistons broke both the skirts off from all the skirt slap....

buy a nice set of wiseco pistons the next size up from what you have and THEN take them to a shop with your cylinders and have them matched to the piston sizes. (<---the right way to do it) because every piston is a different size no matter what the box says!!!

The guy I use here is $40 a hole for a bore. Since he has all the right equip. then he's the guy to see. I know there are reputable shops all over the country.... find one

keep the ring gap around .022-.028mm.... loose is safe...these motors have a bad hot spots around the edges of the exhaust port. No need in siezing it for no reason

Yeah I went the cheap way and didn'tbore it once and I had REAL troubless then when my "new" pistons broke both the skirts off from all the skirt slap....

buy a nice set of wiseco pistons the next size up from what you have and THEN take them to a shop with your cylinders and have them matched to the piston sizes. (<---the right way to do it) because every piston is a different size no matter what the box says!!!

The guy I use here is $40 a hole for a bore. Since he has all the right equip. then he's the guy to see. I know there are reputable shops all over the country.... find one

keep the ring gap around .022-.028mm.... loose is safe...these motors have a bad hot spots around the edges of the exhaust port. No need in siezing it for no reason

Thanks for the help guys. If my pistons and walls look good and i'm just looking for some more power would a coolhead and timing plate be the way to go. i dont want to tear down the motor if its not necesary. and what dome size do I go with?