First time Shee Mod "Help"

Bruce642

I have a stock 1995 Banshee with a K & N filter and outerwear. I'm looking to do the following:

Toomey T5's

Vforce reeds

Re-jett the stock carbs

Cool Heads (what do you guys recommend?)

Here's some of my questions, will my Shee still be as reliable as it has before? Everyone has told me that the Toomey T5's are the best, true? What do you guys have your jets set at? 280 under 3500 feet? If I got cool heads would I need to get 20cc domes? or another size?

Also, will I have and I mean HAVE to have my "crank" welded?

Thanks for all the input guys

Bruce

I have a stock 1995 Banshee with a K & N filter and outerwear. I'm looking to do the following:

Toomey T5's

Vforce reeds

Re-jett the stock carbs

Cool Heads (what do you guys recommend?)

Here's some of my questions, will my Shee still be as reliable as it has before? Everyone has told me that the Toomey T5's are the best, true? What do you guys have your jets set at? 280 under 3500 feet? If I got cool heads would I need to get 20cc domes? or another size?

Also, will I have and I mean HAVE to have my "crank" welded?

Thanks for all the input guys

Bruce

Your jetting will depend on temp, alt. shit the list goes on and on..... Ive seen the exact same engine take 2 totally diff mains. As for reliable.. Hell ya youll be reliable. The relaibility goes down after porting and mods like that. Stock bore, stock port, good to go. I would throw some wisecos at it before the stockers give. JMO The toomeys were the best pipe I bought for the stock set up in the way I was riding. What do you do with it? Sand?, turf?MX? The pipe you want depends on what you ride.......

Your shee will be just as reliable as long as you keep your jetting right and make sure she is running tip top. Everyone has their own preference on pipes but T5's are a good exhaust system from that stock stuff! As for your jetting i would start at 340 and work your way down doing plug chops. You might also need to bump up your pilot jets to 27.5, its what other people have had to do with their t5s.

Good luck and here is a chart for Compression.

Sea Level 1000' 2000' 3000' 4000' 5000'

18cc 197 178 171 170 165 145

19cc 183 167 160 158 152 137

20cc 169 156 149 146 140 129

21cc 156 145 138 134 128 121

stock 130 125 118 112 106 100

sounds like a pretty good mod list to me. you could probably save some quid and stick with the stock reeds. if you are going after a bit more compression and maybe some timing advance a cool head might be a good idea. either Noss heads or pro design are good choices. noss is a site sponsor and offers a discount to BHQ members so that'd be the guy i'd deal with. he can also answer any compession questions you might have. toomeys have a good reputation, but it all depends on what kind of riding you do. your machine should still be v reliable providing your jetting is right.