boring of stock 28's... who does a good job?

djberg

so i've been told that a 2mm bore job on stock carbs can be a real waker upper.... opinions? comments? trying to keep the machine as stock looking as possible...

so i've been told that a 2mm bore job on stock carbs can be a real waker upper.... opinions? comments? trying to keep the machine as stock looking as possible...

They can only be bored to 27.5mm. Call Lynn at LC performance in Salem, UT (801)423-1382. He'll do a real nice taper-bore and cut your intake boots to match for @ $90.00. That is the best deal I've seen on them. DO NOT let anyone tell you they can go to 28mm, I !@#$ed up a seet of mine having them bored to 28 :banghead:

They can only be bored to 27.5mm. Call Lynn at LC performance in Salem, UT (801)423-1382. He'll do a real nice taper-bore and cut your intake boots to match for @ $90.00. That is the best deal I've seen on them. DO NOT let anyone tell you they can go to 28mm, I !@#$ed up a seet of mine having them bored to 28 :banghead:

no shit good to know....

you can only bore as big as the slide diameter. any more than that and it will

be hell gettin it to idle. lol

but, you can offset the bore (a little oval) about .02 toward the top (choke side).

i agree with dave though, i cant see any reason to fuck with the intake boots.

If you're boring the inside diameter of the carb, why do you have to have intake boots cut?? the OD of the carb throat isn't changing?????

I've seen plenty of stock carbs bored to 28mm, maybe whomever did yours didn't do it right.

yeah i hae no idea about the whole boot mod...?

also i see "stock" carbs listed as 26's and 28's on e-crap, and my banshee mentor bancheez says they're 28's? the bike is mainly a 94... the bike came in a box... we bought it in august and finally got er together last weekend for the most part we just need the phillips head plastic mounting screws

yeah i hae no idea about the whole boot mod...?

also i see "stock" carbs listed as 26's and 28's on e-crap, and my banshee mentor bancheez says they're 28's? the bike is mainly a 94... the bike came in a box... we bought it in august and finally got er together last weekend for the most part we just need the phillips head plastic mounting screws

Now would be a good time to dress it up and get a stainless allen head bolt kit from flebay. I love mine....

Now would be a good time to dress it up and get a stainless allen head bolt kit from flebay. I love mine....

lowest budget as possible i still have a few other bad habits... WIFE!!!!... remodeling my house... 2 great danes and a half lab half american pit.... oh yeah and lets not forget replace the rear end in the ol dodge...

I have two St. Bernard's...I feel your pain, believe me.

I have some odds and ends in a big old box in the garage, radiator hoses and the like.

You need anything, give me a holler...

well man put'er this way look in the trades area i put my snowboards up cause the wife cannot say anything about them they are actually mine not "ours".... i'm on the hunt right now for suspension and extension(other than swinger... shorter...) mx/ trail goodies oh yeah and as we all are searching for a truely straight banshee frame AND sub-frame...lol

thanks though

I have some odds and ends in a big old box in the garage, radiator hoses and the like.

oh yeah that drag shee is awsome i'd love to have one but not so into just going straight and don't have the money for a once in a while toy like that... but maybe one day when i make millions i'll build one... right around the time i can afford to go to glamis every weekend... :yelrotflmao:

Jerry Hall in AZ....He showed me dyno numbers of the stockers line bored vs. some 35's on a dune ported stock stroke bike that made 3 more horse through the entire band up to 9000 rpm....then the 35s made a few more ponies till it fell off...I chink he knows how to work over the stockers

ya think you have the screws for the plastic still? if ya do let me know and how much you want for them?

thanks again dj