Really stupid question!

fitz18

Ok so I know this is stupid but Ive got ANOTHER kicker rattle question. I had it apart and put a new spring in and used the old ball that came out. I put a new o ring on it but not sure I put the o ring at the right place. Does it go at the bottom of the kicker??? Or where does it go? At first it was really tight but now When I ride now the kicker wont stay clicked in.It moves out towards my leg. So no one laugh at my stupid question... :beer:

Ok so I know this is stupid but Ive got ANOTHER kicker rattle question. I had it apart and put a new spring in and used the old ball that came out. I put a new o ring on it but not sure I put the o ring at the right place. Does it go at the bottom of the kicker??? Or where does it go? At first it was really tight but now When I ride now the kicker wont stay clicked in.It moves out towards my leg. So no one laugh at my stupid question... :beer:

The o-ring should be on the bottom of the stationary shaft. You can use a thicker o-ring on the bottom to take up some play. I have put a smaller o-ring in the inside of the kicker itself to take up MORE slop on my older shee. works good for a while, but you will probably end up replaccing both o-rings a few times a year to keep it tight. they seem to wear pretty quickly. I have also installed a very small spacer (about 1mm) behind the detent spring to tighten the spring tension and help hold the kicker in place. OH... Unless you need a new ball and spring, stay away from the fleebay kicker rebuild kits, they are a waist of money, and wear out quicker than the original hardwear.

Edited by Bancheez

The o-ring should be on the bottom of the stationary shaft. You can use a thicker o-ring on the bottom to take up some play. I have put a smaller o-ring in the inside of the kicker itself to take up MORE slop on my older shee. works good for a while, but you will probably end up replaccing both o-rings a few times a year to keep it tight. they seem to wear pretty quickly. I have also installed a very small spacer (about 1mm) behind the detent spring to tighten the spring tension and help hold the kicker in place. OH... Unless you need a new ball and spring, stay away from the fleebay kicker rebuild kits, they are a waist of money, and wear out quicker than the original hardwear.

Thanks man. So whats gona keep my kicker from moving out?

i hate to say it but after i lost my kicker from the the dreaded death rattle.... i said f-it

bought a new stock kicker and put on the t.m. designworks kicker arm ... no rattle and has worked for two seasons. it was a pricey fix but .... (it was a fix) :biggrin:

Edited by JET 99

Thanks man. So whats gona keep my kicker from moving out?

The spacer behind the detent spring is what will actually hold the kicker in. more spring pressure on the detent ball will make up for the worn out kicker shaft.