boring

ok my bike is low on psi. so i have a set of 20 over cylinders that have smooth bores but wanna get them bored to have a fresh top end.. who's the best to send it to.. looking for durability.. i see that jim at passion does it for 245.00 using wisecos and he gives you a oring kit for your head.. what u guys think?? sounds like a decent deal to me.. wonder what his turn around time is?? guess i will give hm a shout tomorrow.. any input would be great..

the guy we have here is pretty much just into race engines for cars.. i know that 2 strokes have tighter piston/cylinder tolerances, think i should take it there?? was thinking about letting passion do them.. not sure. how much is a topend kit??

My brother had his top end ported and bored, by http://herrjugsracing.com/ The work was top of the line and he had it back very quickly.

I just sent my motor there this week for a full build and have nothing but good things to say about the customer service. Kevin has taken a lot of time to make sure that every aspect is covered. Just my $0.02

not being nosey, but would did it all cost you? topend kit, boring, and porting?? if i did go ported it would be a woods port or a dune port, i just want more power everywhere with losing bottom end, actually would want to gain more bottom and top end, not sure which port job would give me those results.. ? any info?

everyone here is going to say FAST, Passion, Herr Juggs racing.. etc it really depends on pricing and your oppinion, personally i have a good friend trey st.john of pro power sports that does ALL of my work if your interested let me know ill give you the number. hes a very honest man straight up knows what he talking about and does a very good job. i paid $150 for him to bore both cylinders, port the cylinders, chamfer the ports, and hone. got them done in 1 week. :biggrin:

everyone here is going to say FAST, Passion, Herr Juggs racing.. etc it really depends on pricing and your oppinion, personally i have a good friend trey st.john of pro power sports that does ALL of my work if your interested let me know ill give you the number. hes a very honest man straight up knows what he talking about and does a very good job. i paid $150 for him to bore both cylinders, port the cylinders, chamfer the ports, and hone. got them done in 1 week. :biggrin:

pm sent

I actually would support the opinion of taking it to a local place if they seem knowledgable about engine machine work. Machining a bore for a forged piston is relatively the same in any engine. Plus, you might get to learn something. I would recommend asking to see the shop as to determine that the work won't be done on a drill press with a homemade boring bar............. :geek: