2 into 1 jetting

just got a 2 into 1 carb setup.. (used) its a 34mm pwk, has a 32 pilot, had a 132 main( i put a 165 in it ) and a dej needle on the middle clip.. anyone point me in the righr direction? stock motor with t5's head, reeds, and +5 timing.. i was running 290 mains in my stock carbs.. what about the dej needle?? i here a lot about dek and eek needles, never heard of a dej??

34mm pwk? I thought they only came in 28, 33, 35,36, 38 AS, 39, and the 41 pro series?

EEK or EEJ needle, start in the center position. 185 main and work your way down. 45-48 pilot with 1.5 turns out on the air screw.

yea its a 34mm pwk , the needle is a dej .. biggest jet i have is a 180.. my elevation is about 500 ft.. i do have a 48 pilot.. going to clean the carb, put the 180 in and the 48.. adjust the pilot 1.5 out and try it.. think its safe to start with a 180?? i am running twin 33 pwks on my cub motor (392 stock stroke with cpi inframes) and am running a 48 pilot and 148 main in them.. and it seems dead on.. so what u think about starting with 180 on the main ?? do u like the 2 into 1?? i am assuming someone replaced the original carb with the 34mm pwk.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. i do also have the airbox adapter.. i got this whole setup with a brand new cable for 225.. i polished up the intake and adapter and it looks like new.. its the trinity stage 4.. thanks,

yea its a 34mm pwk , the needle is a dej .. biggest jet i have is a 180.. my elevation is about 500 ft.. i do have a 48 pilot.. going to clean the carb, put the 180 in and the 48.. adjust the pilot 1.5 out and try it.. think its safe to start with a 180?? i am running twin 33 pwks on my cub motor (392 stock stroke with cpi inframes) and am running a 48 pilot and 148 main in them.. and it seems dead on.. so what u think about starting with 180 on the main ?? do u like the 2 into 1?? i am assuming someone replaced the original carb with the 34mm pwk.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. i do also have the airbox adapter.. i got this whole setup with a brand new cable for 225.. i polished up the intake and adapter and it looks like new.. its the trinity stage 4.. thanks,

Its either not a pwk carb, or its not a 34mm carb. If it is a 34mm pwk its a 33mm bored out. So, I suspect its a PJ, if thats the case it is going to be a bastard to tune it.

pj are not bastards to tune let alone on a single carb,

i would say put your needle on 4th, 5th clip it should work.

and if it is true a 34 its a pj it should say pj34 right above the bowl on the side.

Ideally pj's are easier to tune on the twin setups. Single carb wise they do some really weird stuff and are harder to tune. Sheerider, how bout you pull the slide out and tell us if it is shaped like a rectangle with rounded edges, or shaped like a "D".

Ideally pj's are easier to tune on the twin setups. Single carb wise they do some really weird stuff and are harder to tune. Sheerider, how bout you pull the slide out and tell us if it is shaped like a rectangle with rounded edges, or shaped like a "D".

its d shaped just like the 33mm pwk's on my cub motor.. it says pwk on the side of the carb right above the bowl.. did they not make a 34mm pwk?? maybe i measured it wrong.. anyway im going to install it today.. does the 2 into 1 cab take away that hard powerband hit??(like smooth it out)?? cause like evryone else i really love that hard rip and top end pull. i just want more low and mid power and the simplicity of 1 carb

It wont take away the hit, that is something the porting and pipes are responsible for. I have had my hands on ABOUT 10-15 PWK'S AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE ACTUAL "PWK" stamped into the side of one.

ok got it installed.. started with a 48 pilot, 180 main, needle on middle clip.. ran ok but rich and sluggish.. went down to a 170 main and needle on 2nd clip from the top., ran better.. went down to a 35 pilot, 2 turns out on the airscrew, a 165 main , and left the needle on the 2nd clip and it is almost dead on.. could maybe go a bit smaller on the main and i think it would be more crisp on the throttle but is running great as of now.. yes it does have pwk in the casting.. its a nice carb i really love the 2 into 1.. easier to start, revs quick, i am noticing more mid power gain than of idle gain, also seeing a lot of gain up top on the pipe.. i will never run dual carbs on this bike

i have ran dual carbs for years on my banshee's. i always frowned on the 2 into 1 idea.. well curiosity killed the cat you could say, i bought one to try and told myself i can resell it if i dont like it, now i will not go back to dual carbs unless its a drag bike or has an aftermarket cylinder.. the 2 into 1 works great unless you have a lot of portwork, or a stroker.. basically if u hae a piped banshee with the bolt on mods i would choose the 2 ino 1 .. its easy, clean and neat, and it gains power everywhere.. only 1 carb to clean, jet, and worry about.. hope this helps