Should I just use yfz450's or spend more?

01CandyBlue

I am debating on whether to buy the YFZ450 shocks or spend the extra coin on some nicer ones. YFZ shocks seem to be about 200-250. I found remote rezzi triple works rebuilt by tcs for 330. Am I going to see that much of a difference in the perfromance? I woul think I would but this build is on a budget so I am scrimping where I can. I am not a greta rider or anything, just working my way up and doing the best I can. I mostly ride dunes, and jump but not too far.

Thanks for any help!!!

i say go with the works, i have them and they ride 10 times better than any 450 shocks i have ridden, if you can get them for only $100 more than the 450 shocks, DO IT, 450 shocks are longer, will make your front end sit up higher, unless you use the 450 arms then it will sit very low, get the works that are built for the banshee, they are 100 times better than stock and 10 times better than 450 shocks, ive read about too many people buying those 450 shocks and puttin them on their banshees and regretting it, just spend the extra bit of cash and get the works

Well I jumped, spent 600 for his wicked arms and brake lines and tie rods, also got his works tripple rates with resevoirs, he just had tcs go through and rebuild them about 10 months ago. We will see how it goes. Can I powdercoat the springs without hurting them? They are a little dinged.

I just put that same setup on my 97 without the rezzies, your not going to regret it , best upgrade.

Well I jumped, spent 600 for his wicked arms and brake lines and tie rods, also got his works tripple rates with resevoirs, he just had tcs go through and rebuild them about 10 months ago. We will see how it goes. Can I powdercoat the springs without hurting them? They are a little dinged.

You won't regret the shocks. If you do, then have the re-adjusted. That will be the issue if you have one.

I've seen the springs powder coated and chromed but don't know if the add a flex to the powder.

You won't regret the shocks. If you do, then have the re-adjusted. That will be the issue if you have one.

I've seen the springs powder coated and chromed but don't know if the add a flex to the powder.

Powdercoating is what is on them now and will be just fine. The TCS rebuild to the works shock is a great set-up because Todd changes the valve itself.