crankcase vent hose routing

CombatTalon2

8bpavrb.jpg

I know it routes up out of the case near the water pump. from there, it goes about a foot and then "Ts" off. I looked at a stock shee on a dealer lot but couldnt tell where it was going without digging into it. so if you know hook a brotha up!

I think the way i had it routed the last time, was one of the hoses of the "T" was connected to the back vent fitting on the back of the cases.

Thanks

It goes back to a T fitting that is attached to your other case vent (under the rear engine mount). Unltimately both vent to the atmosphere. :geek:

Ok, so both vents connect to a common vent line. Then it routes out below the swingarm? or does the end of the hose need to be higher than the vent openings?

thanks

There is a line coming from your clutch cover, and a line coming from the vent at the back of the case under the rear engine mount. They both "T" up near the carburetors and the third line heads to the front of the bike and runs up one of the frame tubes and just stops up near the radiator. Thats how mine were ran from the factory.

Ok, so both vents connect to a common vent line. Then it routes out below the swingarm? or does the end of the hose need to be higher than the vent openings?

thanks

I run mine in a loop, up to seat height and then down to the frame rail. This helps coalesce the oil as your transmission, engine, and clutch heat up.