swing arm

g_low0885

now that i have got my moter running great now i need to get a longer swing arm. i am not sure what brand to get or the lenth. i do want to get a round style carrier so the chain will be easy to adjust. i am thinking about getting a +4 or +6 not sure which one. here is a list of some of my mods. +4 moter built by Fast Racing, T5 pipes, v-force 2 reeds, and noss head will 18cc domes. thanks for your help

How agressive did jeff port your motor? There are alot of things to take into consideration when your extending your swingarm. +6 would be to long to do any good air jumps you would have a hell of a hard time running through any technical stuff. Traction is key so make sure you dont go too long. Best person to talk to about this would be jeff since he did your motor.

Lonestar make quality round house swingarms so do Lagers, ASR looks good to me though Ive never ran any ASR products. Ebay has alot of deals on 4130 chromoly round tube roundhouse style swingarms. If your going to be riding dunes it looks to be strong and lite enough, Dave Morr makes nice looking swingarms so doES T-Dubz. Guys running longer swingarms will chime in here Im sure.

I just ordered a +2 from ASR based on the recomendation from some members. I had originally planned a +4, but I mostly dune, not drag race, and everybody said that the +2 along with some +2+1 a-arms would handle great and perform almost like stock in the tight stuff, with the added benefit of keeping the front down better. If you like to jump or do any tight technical stuff, they all told me to shy away from the +4 or longer. I plan on doing a 4 mil stock jug motor next year FWIW, and everybody said I would be happy with the +2 swinger. I liked the price and the looks of the ASR, and a couple of guys on here said they were happy with them. I haven't got them yet, hopefully anyday.

http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/Swingarms.html

I also ordered my A-arms, billet clamps, and stainless lines from them. Can't wait to get them