domes, gas, and crank?

qboronyrican

im about to add a cool head and was wondering what gas i have to run if i get 20cc domes which should bring me around 169psi.....im at sea level...... and do i need to get the crank trued and welded and if so should i do it to the stock crank or get a aftermarket one? ....my mods so far are t5 pipes, v-force3 reeds, +4 timing, k&n filter w/no lid and outerwears, boost bottle, hi-flow impeler, tors eliminated, and 28mm carbs that im thinking about putting on......i think thats it

I have basically the same setup. Pump gas works well but 100LL av. gas works better. Better response, higher revving, less bogging. I don't have my crank welded and have been running 20cc domes for over 2 years now. My next rebuild will definatly be some crank maintence along with some porting and 28mm carbs. Good luck.

please give some feedback cause i have searched but didnt come up with anything close enough to get a straight up and good answer

It is good insurance to weld your crank with that much compression. You are going to have to run 100 octane, 91 octane is good to about 160 psi. As for the crank, How much are you willing to spend. Trueing your stock crank is @$75 out of the engine. A stroker will cost about $500 for a 4mm long rod, then you will need different pistons @ $75, a spacer plate or porting for the new stroke $300 and up. Porting is the best option for a stroker. Your port type and price will depend on where and how you plan to ride. If budget is not a concern, then go ahead and build yourself a mean stroker. On my budget, I would spend the money on the porting and have my stock crank welded. You will see impressive results.

Edited by slobanshee06

ADVICE!!!

ditch the boost bottle! They don't do a damn thing but cause problems. They are heavy and tear your carb boots ect. I had one on and it cost me a rebuild. The welds on it cracked from vibration I guess, but it ran my shee lean and melted a piston. Do yourself a favor while you still can. Most of the guys on here will agree.