compression test

HardIzZlE

I would really recommend checking it with another tester that is known to be accurate. I have gone through this the hard way with a buddies Matco that was well taken care of. That one told me I was at 80psi in both cyls but the bike fired up in the first two kicks all the time. This is usually uncharacteristic of a bike with that compression. Got a bore and new pistons and 20cc domes and the tester read 100psi!!!! Got a Snap-On and got 160psi both cyls, which is right where it should be.

:thumbsup:

And honestly, even a snap off can read wrong. I think the biggest thing here is, " I hear something, I will just ride it until it quits making that sound, is that OK?"

Brandon

its a very low low noice you have 2 put ur ear to the motor to hear it & i do remember reading (eather here or on e2s) that a tiny tiny bit of slap is ok so guess ill just ride it for now & im going 2 be geting a noss head soon so when i put that on i see what it looks like inside

thx again

Im sure that others will agree, I would put that money that you are going to spend on the noss head into a new set of pistons, or top end...

Like what was said above, 75psi is danger zone, at least pull the head of and take a look at whats going on in there..

Just run er till she blows. That's the way to do it. At least in my business, I get to benefit from that way of thinking.

Brandon

thats what i did she finally blue up looks like im be call fast racing in the next few days

I will agree that my comments sounded rather rude and I apologize for that. It's simply that many here have experienced your situation first hand and a few bucks in gaskets or making that one last ride can cost you a whole lot more. It will only take a bit of your time and some gaskets to open it and know for sure what is going on. 75psi is too low to be considered usable. I highly recommend at least having it tested with another tester. It is also pretty easy to remove the carbs and reeds and take a peek. Good luck.

Brandon

I will agree that my comments sounded rather rude and I apologize for that. It's simply that many here have experienced your situation first hand and a few bucks in gaskets or making that one last ride can cost you a whole lot more. It will only take a bit of your time and some gaskets to open it and know for sure what is going on. 75psi is too low to be considered usable. I highly recommend at least having it tested with another tester. It is also pretty easy to remove the carbs and reeds and take a peek. Good luck.

Brandon

yea but at least i got a good 1 hour out of her b4 she broke it was the first time i rode her in a year so low compression or not i had 2 ride lol and im kinda glad she broke cuz im wanted 2 get her ported & get a noss head

ps: i dident think u where rude the littlest bit, but now i see what you where saying thx

Along w/pulling the carbs and reeds off to look at the intake side of the piston skirts, you can easily pull the head pipes off and look through the exhaust ports with a flashlight. This will give you a good idea of your piston condition.

You will obviously need to tear your motor down but for reference, the intake side must always be inspected because the intake side of the piston is the weakest and prone to breakage and cracking. Never assume things are fine by looking in the exhaust. Of coarse it is best to just tear down and full inspect.

Brandon

You will obviously need to tear your motor down but for reference, the intake side must always be inspected because the intake side of the piston is the weakest and prone to breakage and cracking. Never assume things are fine by looking in the exhaust. Of coarse it is best to just tear down and full inspect.

Brandon

your right cuz thats where my piston broke the intake side

SANY0029.jpg