swingers

I got a group buy with tony a while back and got the swingers WAY cheaper then that. He is a great guy to work with, and again, you are getting what you are paying for.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont want a stock carrier swinger, stock carriers blow, no chain adjustment, shitty bearings, and weigh like 10 pounds, old backwards hick technology , i could have designed a better chain adjustment than that myself, haha

im not buying one now, i am just getting ideas, so far its hard to beat the one savage420 sent me a while ago on E2s, i deletd the message though and cant find the link, ill have to pm him and get it from him and show u guys and see if anyone has any expeiornece with them

yea but im so use to stock and really no need (in my eyes) to go shorter... i jump once and a blue moon... and the trials i ride arent that tight ...

and sorter swinger i wouldent be able to get the bike stright up 12 o clock like i like to ...

hey zach..... not to bust your bubble, but the shorter the swing arm the easier you wheelie and the more you hook. and yes high noon would be easier as well, you might wanna have your eyes checked chief........

hey zach..... not to bust your bubble, but the shorter the swing arm the easier you wheelie and the more you hook. and yes high noon would be easier as well, you might wanna have your eyes checked chief........

aha yea i was gona say the same thing myself.. shorter swinger = more traction/easier wheelies, you wont be as high off the ground while you are in wheelie, the balance ppoint will just chnage and take a little getting used to

i seem to always be right on borderline with chain adjustment, its either too lose when all the way back, but not loose enough to move it all the way forward and knock a link out...

this has nothin to do with what im smokin.. :geek:

well when you come to this conclusion............ is your suspension compressed to max bottom? or is the bike just sitting without a max load on it? to properly adjust ones chain the suspension needs to be bottomed out......... at that point you want 5/8's slack.....if all that stands true....... your right you have a bastard swingarm and should shit can it, you got a lemon

Edited by Blue Duece

well when you come to this conclusion............ is your suspension compressed to max bottom? or is the bike just sitting without a max load on it? to properly adjust ones chain the suspension needs to be bottomed out......... at that point you want 5/8's slack.....if all that stands true....... your right you have a bastard swingarm and should shit can it, you got a lemon

wow maybe it is what im smokin on.... i didnt know you were suposed to have the rear end totally bottomed out when checking chain slack...i always set my slack with it just sittin there.... how do you go about bottoming it out? even with my ass sittin on the grrab bar at 230+ pounds it wont bottom out unless i jump up and down on it

wow maybe it is what im smokin on.... i didnt know you were suposed to have the rear end totally bottomed out when checking chain slack...i always set my slack with it just sittin there.... how do you go about bottoming it out? even with my ass sittin on the grrab bar at 230+ pounds it wont bottom out unless i jump up and down on it

alot of ways...the one i use .........is i have a peice of plywood with two eye hooks on it i park my trustee shee on it and hook two tie downs between the hooks and my rear grab bar. comprees the bike and adjust my chain.........your chain is at max tension at the bottom of its travel............theres one inch and a half of adjustment (off center) of your stock swingarm....thats a link and a half (you cant take one link from a chain)........try that and you'll be all set

Edited by Blue Duece

i seem to always be right on borderline with chain adjustment, its either too lose when all the way back, but not loose enough to move it all the way forward and knock a link out...

this has nothin to do with what im smokin.. :geek:

i agree, the stock carrier adjustment is a piece of shit, if its 1.5 in either direction, i got ripped by yamaha by more than an inch, im gonna get out the torch and welder and see what i can do it remedy that problem as a new swinger isnt gonna happen til fall of 08.

heres a question that may help: whats availible that uses as much of the stock stuff as possible? axle, sprocket, brakes, etc? and is reasonable priced and is availible in stock, long and short flavors?

alot of ways...the one i use .........is i have a peice of plywood with two eye hooks on it i park my trustee shee on it and hook two tie downs between the hooks and my rear grab bar. comprees the bike and adjust my chain.........your chain is at max tension at the bottom of its travel............theres one inch and a half of adjustment (off center) of your stock swingarm....thats a link and a half (you cant take one link from a chain)........try that and you'll be all set

i see a few potential problems, someone feel free to correct me though, the chain would at max tension when the two sprockets are on the same plane. as the swingarm continues up the chain would get looser. I dont know if the stock banshee stuff goes that far as i am on top of it when i land hard enough to compress it all the way.

the other thing is that if i have it adjusted all the way back it flops around i fear for the well being of my cases, lol. if i move it all the way forward and take out the appropriate links it is uncomfortably tight with me just sitting on it. same thing with the blaster i had.

yea thats what im talkin about, my last chain last year, was too loose even with me sittin on it , it was loose, so i took a link out , moved it forward and then it was so dam tight i had to take the lower chain roller off just to get it on, how much more adjustment do these round house carriers offer?