Banshee backfiring

I have a 2000 Banshee, and I am having a problem with it backfiring on the right side. I have cleaned the carbs numerous times, and synchronized them and it's still doing it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..........Thanks in advance.........

washer under main jet missing, air leak at a mating surface, or ignition problems in that side. swap plug wires to verify, run propane gas around cylinders to check for air leak, then remove carb and find the problem. It is either leaning out or loading up and then firing.

Brandon

washer under main jet missing, air leak at a mating surface, or ignition problems in that side. swap plug wires to verify, run propane gas around cylinders to check for air leak, then remove carb and find the problem. It is either leaning out or loading up and then firing.

Brandon

It has me baffled because it was doing it on the left side, and I would swap plug wires and it would stay on the left. I finally figured it was ignition problem, so I rebuilt the top end, bought new stator, reeds and cdi; finally fire it up, and it pops on the right side now. I can have it idle, and it only wants to run on the left cylinder. I clean the carb out and it'll run but then after getting out of the throttle, and then back in it starts popping, or not running on the right side. I have checked the float levels and cleaned carbs numerous times...... I personally think it's loading up... Thanks again.....

Come on banshee freaks..... PLEASE help me......... I guess I'll just find a really deep strip pit and launch it off in there.........

Let me know when you do so I can have my truck under you to catch it and take it home. Did you do the things I mentioned above? The washer will get you. Trust me, if you have an ignition problem, the problem will follow the wire. If you swap plug wires with no change, look elsewhere.

Brandon

When it first started doing it it was bone stock, tors and all... It ran fine for years; then one day it just started popping on the left side, so I figured it was a carb problem messed w/ carbs several times, and I mean several times, and it still didn't help... Then I decided if it was electrical, or an air leak I would fix it when I rebuilt the top-end and upgraded all my electrical, and put my v-force 3's in. Well, after all that it fixed it all right... Now it pops on the right side, and ten times worse... I can blip the throttle off idle and pop,pop, boom..... I figured maybe my timing was way off, so I set it to zero where the case split is, and still the same results.... Could a crank seal be causing it???????? Thanks in advance........

When it first started doing it it was bone stock, tors and all... It ran fine for years; then one day it just started popping on the left side, so I figured it was a carb problem messed w/ carbs several times, and I mean several times, and it still didn't help... Then I decided if it was electrical, or an air leak I would fix it when I rebuilt the top-end and upgraded all my electrical, and put my v-force 3's in. Well, after all that it fixed it all right... Now it pops on the right side, and ten times worse... I can blip the throttle off idle and pop,pop, boom..... I figured maybe my timing was way off, so I set it to zero where the case split is, and still the same results.... Could a crank seal be causing it???????? Thanks in advance........

Yue really need to try that propane trick for air leaks. If nothing shows up, it is probably in the carb. You must also swap the plug wires to make sure it is not electrical. If the problem stays on the RH side, it is not ignition. Remember the clear the jets in the carb. That pop is most likely lean pop.

Brandon

Replace the spark plug caps just for giggles. They're cheap, and stockers are known to go bad.

Also...do a leak down test with a tester.

Then...check all your wires for burnt, cut, crossed wires and finally take apart your kill switch and key switch and spray all the contacts clean with contact/electrical cleaner...

My boy was having problems with his bike back firing, was a shitty tether/kill switch...

Since he's cleaned the carb numerous times, I think we can probably rule that one out...:)

Try a self leak down tester. Get carb cleaner....

Start the bike up, spray it all around the intakes first. Then around the base gaskets...

If the bike wants to die out, you found the leak...