CAN U STILL RACE BANSHEES AT ATV OPEN EVENTS

2StRokEinSanItY

hey im new to the banshee world i have a raptor660 and i just bought a banshee, have some suspension work, fmf fatty pipes with silencers boost bottle...real basic...im looking to race my quad on mx tracks, but i want to know from you guys if its worth it, what i need to do to my shee, and if they even allow them. thanks

i have sixth sense racing shocks in the front, stock in the rear along with a stock swingarm. i also have lonestar racing A arms. what is the purpose of a shorter swingarm? should i do anything to the sprockets to give me more of a pull out of a corner? any brake upgrades? thanks.

i have sixth sense racing shocks in the front, stock in the rear along with a stock swingarm. i also have lonestar racing A arms. what is the purpose of a shorter swingarm? should i do anything to the sprockets to give me more of a pull out of a corner? any brake upgrades? thanks.

A shorter swingarm will give you a lot more traction and it will help cornering. It will make the front end feel lighter and it will be more comfortable to jump.

hey thanks alot, quick question, im a Marine so im in pretty good shape, but i know you guys are in a different state of fitness...what can i do to get myself ready for a long race?

hey thanks alot, quick question, im a Marine so im in pretty good shape, but i know you guys are in a different state of fitness...what can i do to get myself ready for a long race?

ok for sure work on you arms because you arms are going to cramp up real bad, if you are in good shape you shouldnt have any trouble with it cardio wise but your arms are going to be the worst thing its hard to hold on for 6 laps and not have them crap up but i would say squeez a tennes ball or like that for like 20 min like 2 or 3 times a day that will give you fore arms of steel. thats about what i do.

Derick

hey thanks man i appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...

i hate to say it but sell the banshee... i would personally rather race a mx'd 400ex than a banshee they are heavy they push hard in corners and the powerband is hard enough that it is hard to hook in corners. you should go to a few races and watch them and see if you still want to mx the banshee.. mx racing is a lot of fun you will either hate it or love it take your time and dont over do the first few races use practice days to your advantage and dont expect to go out your first time and whoop everyones arse.. i race banshee's for a few years over my 5 year stint at mx racing. there are a lot of things you can do to them to make them competitive. BUT a 4 poke is a much better mx bike.. they have a much smoother powerdelivery and are generally lighter that means less arm pump ( cramps) and less work to turn, and exit corners..

now if your going to drag race... haha hehe!

• 4 weeks later...
Oh boy here we go again. Which is better this or that. If you want to race a Banshee in the open class then by all means goa ahead, that is what open class means run what ya brung. In a professional racing career I can see you would want to go to a 4-stroke but if you are racing for fun and just olove to ride then do what fits you the best and have fun at it, cause that is all that matters.

i agree