how can the red sticker my green sticker bike?

Cykotik

Soem women at the dmv tryed to me that the computer system they have now didnt catch it before so now i am recieving a red sticker?

anyone know anything i can do o get my green sticker back?

call the head dmv in sac?

i thought they didnt start red stickering the banshees till 02?

My banshee is an 02 green sticker............

So is mine. Here is what I saw on the DMV website...last updated in 2007.

Pay particular attention to the 8th digit position of the VIN:

Green stickers are issued for all California OHVs year model 2002 and older, including those that were previously issued a red sticker, and to 2003 and newer complying vehicles. Green stickers are issued to OHVs for year round use at all California OHV riding areas.

Red stickers are issued to 2003 year model and newer OHVs that are not certified to California OHV emission standards. If your OHV has a "3" or "C" in the eighth position of the vehicle identification number (VIN) then your vehicle will be issued a red sticker. Red stickers are issued to OHVs that can use California OHV riding areas for seasonal use only.

I'd argue the point and demand to see the statute in the vehicle code book that shows the change....

Jay From San D.

Edited by jayzx750

So is mine. Here is what I saw on the DMV website...last updated in 2007.

Pay particular attention to the 8th digit position of the VIN:

Green stickers are issued for all California OHVs year model 2002 and older, including those that were previously issued a red sticker, and to 2003 and newer complying vehicles. Green stickers are issued to OHVs for year round use at all California OHV riding areas.

Red stickers are issued to 2003 year model and newer OHVs that are not certified to California OHV emission standards. If your OHV has a "3" or "C" in the eighth position of the vehicle identification number (VIN) then your vehicle will be issued a red sticker. Red stickers are issued to OHVs that can use California OHV riding areas for seasonal use only.

I'd argue the point and demand to see the statute in the vehicle code book that shows the change....

Jay From San D.

mine does what the fuck does that mean? on my paper word its says 2000 but with a "3" in the 8th spot?

mine does what the fuck does that mean? on my paper word its says 2000 but with a "3" in the 8th spot?

Reread the green sticker section of my initial reply. It says: "Green stickers are issued for all 2002 year model and older OHVs, including those that were previously issued a red sticker, and to 2003 and newer vehicles..."

Initially, you had a red sticker quad. Later, they agreed upon the 2002 cut off year for green stickers so you are grandfathered in....

Go get your much coveted green sticker man!! :thumbsup:

Print the page found on this link, bring it with you and show 'em they don't know their job:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr19.htm or

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/ohvredgreen.htm

Edited by jayzx750

Reread the green sticker section of my initial reply. It says: "Green stickers are issued for all 2002 year model and older OHVs, including those that were previously issued a red sticker, and to 2003 and newer vehicles..."

Initially, you had a red sticker quad. Later, they agreed upon the 2002 cut off year for green stickers so you are grandfathered in....

Go get your much coveted green sticker man!! :thumbsup:

Print the page found on this link, bring it with you and show 'em they don't know their job:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr19.htm or

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/ohvredgreen.htm

word jay thank you :) im going to go give them so hell down there!!!

We have to stick it under the rear left fender.

I don't have a fender anymore since I shaved them lol..

Rangers will get you though!! A friend didn't have his sticker, he got a ticket for it!!!

Damn rangers were checking bikes coming out of a trail.

Cali makes a big fucking deal about it, concerned about emissions & shit like that. We just had 2 weeks of fires in all the damn counties. Smoked out the whole west coast & they're worried about a pair of toomey pipes!!! Cali just sticks their hands in everything and try to regulate it all. Friggin governator doesn't help much either, we didn't elect him though. Hollywood did, it's sad!

Ok rant over! Hope you get that green sticker soon!!!

ok well heres the real deal about the stickers (red/green)

They are suppose to be for new parks and funding for the riding parks we already have...

which i dont disagree on.. i dont care for paying a due for these parks, thats fine with me BUT....

...bakersfield where i live was suppose to get a smaller track and a trail course (IF you in CA its like Gorman)

it went to council and passed, then the fucking tree huggers pulled their support so it never went through,

you shouldve seen the people there for the support the track...

they keep taking away the land we did ride on, and what want us to go to gorman which is like an hour and a half away? o well...