what can i do to help?

rtg_61184

alright i just got a 2001 banshee with porting, advanced timing, pro series reeds, k&n pods, t5's, stock carbs and the cylinders are .030 over. at the moment im probly to fat to be getting on a banshee but i love two strokes. im wondering what i can do to her to help pull the load while im busy trying to drop the weight. i mainly ride the desert, hard packed and dunes. any ideas will be appreciated

assuming your stock head isnt shaved, you could either shave it .020 (about 30 bucks), or get a cool head with 21 cc domes. With that you would still be ok on pump gas and it would make a noticeable difference. Because you ride in the desert/dunes the cool head might be a good idea.

if you dont mind running race gas you could get smaller domes for the coolhead. i dont have any personal experience with high compression race gas motors, but i think the sweet spot for compression is around 170 psi before you start sacrificing top end power.

if you were to run race gas you could probably advance the timing more, depending on where it is set right now.