need some thoughts

kawiking

my buddy just did a top end build (and crank) on his shee. his bike always ran strong but after his rebuild it wont pull 2nd and he says it feels like it doesnt have any top end. :down: he has--50 over bore-k&n pods-stock carbs "370 jets" -timing plate "+4"-lightened fly wheel-shaved head "30 thous"-F.A.S.T. clutch. when we first took it out it felt like the clutch was going south,he ordered 1 from jeff and he said his old one didnt look bad, put new one in and it ran alittle better but still weak. his compression is 165... ive been trying to brain storm but cant really come up with anything. he just rebuilt it !! any thought would be great !!

my buddy just did a top end build (and crank) on his shee. his bike always ran strong but after his rebuild it wont pull 2nd and he says it feels like it doesnt have any top end. :down: he has--50 over bore-k&n pods-stock carbs "370 jets" -timing plate "+4"-lightened fly wheel-shaved head "30 thous"-F.A.S.T. clutch. when we first took it out it felt like the clutch was going south,he ordered 1 from jeff and he said his old one didnt look bad, put new one in and it ran alittle better but still weak. his compression is 165... ive been trying to brain storm but cant really come up with anything. he just rebuilt it !! any thought would be great !!

did u have the carb slides out of the carbs?? if they are stock carbs i have sen people get the left slide in the right carb and right slide in the left carb, when that happens the slides are in backwards.. just a thought.. it makes them run like crap..

I had my cousins stock carbs off friday night. He has a fully ported 350 and only runs a 290 main jet. 370 seems really high. What pipes are on this thing? Did it run ok with the exact same jetting before this rebuild? Are the carb slides in backwards? Is the choke crossover tube on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ok.. im bring this back up... he never did a damn leak down test.this bike idles fine,but when u get on it its slugish and then it finally kicks in and runs good. he said he thinks maybe the needles are to big and is thinking he may need a dyno jet kit , ???? after u hit half throttle it feels like the clutch is slipping and then it just kicks in and runs good. i dont know what to tell him ?? i told him to come get my stock carbs.... he's just going to have this set up alittle longer till jeff gets my stock ported cylns back then he's going to put them on and my 34 pjs on. i sure hope this is just a carb problem !! i want his bike to run strong with out all this bs.