rpm intake help

2strokepat

I bought an Rpm 2-1 intake and I cant get the boot. Does anyone know if any other boot will work. Because I am at the point were I am going to get a piece of alum. and get it machined to take a 2 bolt flange boot. but if I could get one that would work would be great. I am just tired of the run around from everyone. here pics of the intake

post-26831-1193376289_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2strokepat

I bought an Rpm 2-1 intake and I cant get the boot. Does anyone know if any other boot will work. Because I am at the point were I am going to get a piece of alum. and get it machined to take a 2 bolt flange boot. but if I could get one that would work would be great. I am just tired of the run around from everyone. here pics of the intake

This is the right pics

post-26831-1193376705.jpg

post-26831-1193376717.jpg

This is the right pics

That aluminum plate idea would restrict flow. The back of the 2 in to 1 boots get bigger so it is a smooth transision. Sounds like you should have just gotten the boot from the guy that sold you the intake.

Why cant you get the boot? Did you contact the ebay guy and rpm?

Measure the boot mt bolts centers cross wise, vertically, and diagnoly and report back.

I called rpm about the boot and there having troble with the guy who makes the boot for them. the guy on ebay just sells items for rpm. I keep getting the run around from them so I want to find out if any other boot would work. I measured the mounting serface and this is what I got.

across center bolt holes= 2 -3/4 by 2-1/4

the whole mounting plate= 3-1/4 by 2-7/8

let me know what you or other people have done with this problem. because they told me alot of other people are looking for the boot.

Well, I have a trinity and a cascade intake in the garage. More than likely upp makes the boots for all 3 intakes if you want to call them.

So that is 2.75" width wise, by 2.25" height wise on the mount bolts? Not sure, but sounds close to the trinity intake boot mounting size.

UPP Racing

There is a company called K&L that has alot of intake boot stuff also.

K&L Supply

Well, I have a trinity and a cascade intake in the garage. More than likely upp makes the boots for all 3 intakes if you want to call them.

So that is 2.75" width wise, by 2.25" height wise on the mount bolts? Not sure, but sounds close to the trinity intake boot mounting size.

UPP Racing

There is a company called K&L that has alot of intake boot stuff also.

K&L Supply

I called trinity earlier today and there boot is a little bigger. I also called upp and they dont sell one that will fit. I tried to call k&l but they were closed so thats were I am at. what do you think it would be like if I machined a piece of alum. to take a 2 bolt style boot I think it would work fine because all the aftermarket ones for a regular setup thats how they make them. so I would think it would work. let me know what you think.

I called trinity earlier today and there boot is a little bigger. I also called upp and they dont sell one that will fit. I tried to call k&l but they were closed so thats were I am at. what do you think it would be like if I machined a piece of alum. to take a 2 bolt style boot I think it would work fine because all the aftermarket ones for a regular setup thats how they make them. so I would think it would work. let me know what you think.

Do you know what the boot is supposed to look like? Its gonna need some distance between the divider hump and the carb outlet to send the a/f charge in correctly.

I have a friend who is a machinst who could make me the piece I need. I am tired of waiting for the people at rpm. I think it would work. it would only be a temporary fix untill I could get the right boot. do you think it would work.

Call rpm and ask them who makes the boot, then call him.

What do you think it would be like if I machined a piece of alum. to take a 2 bolt style boot I think it would work fine because all the aftermarket ones for a regular setup thats how they make them. so I would think it would work.

It would run with that, but it is far from being Ideal performance. The Regular intakes that use that style of boot dont make a 45 deg anlge to the left or right to get to the cylinder. That is what is going to kill performance. I would just run the dual carb set up until you get the right boot.