4 mil. in frames on alky.

phx450

damn! that is bunches of fuel :biggrin: I bet you can't go much bigger than that before there aren't any threads left on the jet... :confused:

You are correct..past .125 on the main and you're risking breaking the main off.

Bigger than .125 on the dumps and you have to get a special needle to seal that big ol hole....

I think I am gonna add a second power jet

I'm in the same boat you're in. (4 mil Cub, 39 mm keihns, egn needles) I got my mains and dumps drilled out to 1/8'' drill bit (supposed to measure 0.125 '', but I mic'd it at 0.122'') and power jets all the way out most of the time. I'll lean them out a little if I'm competing and not just playing around. Let me know how the 2nd power jet works out for you, Im thinking about doing the same for the colder weather, just to be safe.. BTW, you runnin' a fuel pump? Will a second pj drain the bowls quicker if not?

As far as gearing, Im running 15/42, 1-5 override and I'm through all of the gears as quick as I can shift them.

Any of you guys Hill race? Im assuming flat drags and hill will have a tremendous difference in sprocket size.

i have a 15 front and 45 rear and thiking of putting on a 46.

• 1 month later...
Any of you guys Hill race? Im assuming flat drags and hill will have a tremendous difference in sprocket size.

i have a 15 front and 45 rear and thiking of putting on a 46.

I pretty much only hillrace. Glamis of course.

You need to look at a couple of factors, roll out for rear tires, and rider weight.

My bike has been extremely lightened, run a 7mil cub on meth, 38mikuni's, I weight 165, tires are 22x11x8 12pdl sls with a 10 over swingarm. My gearing is 15/44 and runs really really hard. NO DISSAPOINTMENTS! :biggrin:

Now that being said, if you are still dialing in your bike, not much weight reduction, rider weight is 220-250, and same size tires, then 15/46 might be better for you!

Nothing works better than trying it out, but make sure you have the engine dialed in before you go spend money on sprockets.

PICT0962-1.jpg

Edited by AZCUSTOMQUADS

• 2 months later...