Carburetor Vent Systems

http://www.pcracingusa.com/carburetorventsystem.php

Im lookin at buying a set of Carburetor vent systems for my banshee to help eliminate bog. Anybody running these??? Have any pros or cons??

Let me know!!

http://www.pcracingusa.com/carburetorventsystem.php

Im lookin at buying a set of Carburetor vent systems for my banshee to help eliminate bog. Anybody running these??? Have any pros or cons??

Let me know!!

I always wondered about those kits. I am still not really sure how they work. Maybe I need to stare at them harder.............. :confused:

Yeah, it does work..to an extent. I can hammer my quad through the whoops like nobody's buissiness! But you don't need to spend the 30 bucks or so that they'll charge you. for 5 bucks you should be able to pick up some tubing and couple of extra bucks will get you the fittings.

The trick is to set it up so you don't get vapor lock in the drain line. So set the fitting as close as you can to the float bowl and rout one line up and the other down and away. The line going up wll allow air to get in and enable the fuel to drain faster plus equalize the pressure in the float bowl so that new fuel can come in.

I bought that pj1 system years ago and have been running my own setup eversince. Works great.

However, now that I though about it somemore, your bog might not be due to poor carb draining. Unless you take the time to REALLY setup your carbs right. You will always have some sort of hesitation. You have after all, your main jets to look at, your pilot jets to tinker with, your air screw, idle screw, your slide hight and the quality of the reeds you use. Now multiply this by two for the other carb and add into that how even your slides are to each other in respect to throttle position.

Don't expect a miracle with a carb vent system..it's just like a boost bottle. Just about worthless on it's own and won't compensate for other factors.

Edited by MotulMonsta