Your opinions on Painting Cubs?

06BaNsHeE

First of all the temperature of 350 is in celsius. Second, the wavey portion of this thread is bogus. :thumbsup:

Did you talk to millenium?? maybe you could explain it a lil more. I dont remember exact details of the phone call I had with them.. it was last march or so.

Edited by Fouledout421

Did you talk to millenium?? maybe you could explain it a lil more. I dont remember exact details of the phone call I had with them.. it was last march or so.

I have done business with Millenium before (read: I didn't call them about this) and have generally been unhappy with their attention to detail. That withstanding, the type of nikasil coating on the bores of the cubs can survive very high temperatures (higher than 350C), the problem really is, that the casting itself will relax when you are heating the casting up to powercoat it after plating, thus giving you an untrue bore that that you cannot re-true with out boringthe casting and replating it. :geek:

I have done business with Millenium before (read: I didn't call them about this) and have generally been unhappy with their attention to detail. That withstanding, the type of nikasil coating on the bores of the cubs can survive very high temperatures (higher than 350C), the problem really is, that the casting itself will relax when you are heating the casting up to powercoat it after plating, thus giving you an untrue bore that that you cannot re-true with out boringthe casting and replating it. :geek:

they told me something about the heat chaging the molecular structure of the nikasil and that it causes ripples or waves in the bore. They told me to check it with a bore dialer. :shrug: I dunno I guess thats why they get paid to do it and I dont... All I know is I didn't have any problems with mine so I'll be coating my next set too.. Cascade was the one who first told me of the problem and they said they do cold coating or somthing like that.