popping and backfiring only on one cylinder

04titanse

very well could be the silencers, i would start at a 300 main though if your not running the lid, the needle will either end up where you got it or you might have to move it up to the third clip if its a little boggy in the midrange, but youll probally be a little lean up top with no lid and a 280, better to start a little rich then lean

the dyno jet kit i got came with a 280 and a 340 obviously the 340 is way to big. i think i am going to stick with the 280's for now since they are already installed in the carb. obviously if i need 300's i will get them.

So i guess tomorrow i will take her for a spin and see how it runs. and i will go from there. its like midnight now and i think i would have some angry neighbors if i took her for a rip now. i will keep the old plugs in and try and get it tuned right and then i will put some new ones in and recheck to see if if they look like i am running lean. thanks again for all your help!

after taking the shee for a spin i realized that it is very far out of tune. it starts good and idles ok..... once i start to ride it is super boogy at like all th rottle positions. it feels slower than my old blaster did. no matter what throttle position is feels really poor. it stalled the first two times i tried to start. it has so little power you need to give it lots of gas to get going. it revs fine in neutral a little slow but doesn't over rev. any ideas what i should change with the jetting????

right now this is what i have:

stock motor/toomey t5 pipes and silencers/k&N filer with outerwears and no lid./ adj timing plate +4 timing advance/ dyno jet jet kit 280 mains/ dyno jet needle on 4th clip from top/air screws 2.5 turns out./ elevation is below 1000ft on avg. temp is around 40's right now.

any help would be great!!!

• 11 years later...
On 10/30/2007 at 4:18 PM, 04titanse said:

after taking the shee for a spin i realized that it is very far out of tune. it starts good and idles ok..... once i start to ride it is super boogy at like all th rottle positions. it feels slower than my old blaster did. no matter what throttle position is feels really poor. it stalled the first two times i tried to start. it has so little power you need to give it lots of gas to get going. it revs fine in neutral a little slow but doesn't over rev. any ideas what i should change with the jetting????

right now this is what i have:

stock motor/toomey t5 pipes and silencers/k&N filer with outerwears and no lid./ adj timing plate +4 timing advance/ dyno jet jet kit 280 mains/ dyno jet needle on 4th clip from top/air screws 2.5 turns out./ elevation is below 1000ft on avg. temp is around 40's right now.

any help would be great!!!

this post is old but looks like it was never solved. did you ever find out why it was popping and sluggish on one side?  i have the same issue except mine only backfires loudly when accelerating not at idle. and it has poor power on one side and the other is powerful. this power of one side switches at random and is not stuck to one side. every now and then the power will come to both sides but its only momentary. why was this post neglected? i read all the way through hoping to find a solutions so i wouldn't have to make another post but now im sitting here wondering what happened?

56 minutes ago, Braapfpv said:

this post is old but looks like it was never solved. did you ever find out why it was popping and sluggish on one side?  i have the same issue except mine only backfires loudly when accelerating not at idle. and it has poor power on one side and the other is powerful. this power of one side switches at random and is not stuck to one side. every now and then the power will come to both sides but its only momentary. why was this post neglected? i read all the way through hoping to find a solutions so i wouldn't have to make another post but now im sitting here wondering what happened?

who knows why it was neglected, happens a lot.  Thread is 12 years old doubt the OP will post lol 

is this a new issue? or has it always been like this since you got your banshee? Sounds like a jetting issue to me but if I were you, I would.. 

1. compression test each side first bc its the fastest diagnostic step

2. OHM all electrical components and make sure all electrical is in good shape. 

3. clean carbs make sure they are both in sync with each other at idle and part throttle