What size carb

bigdaddy69

Try em both and report back. We only run a 38mm lectron on the 460cc cub motor. 36mm lectron on a torque port 4 mill. The other 4 mills and the ported 350's are running 35 pwk's.

Yep, thats what i am planning on doing since I already have both, a 35 and a 38. Its going to take me a few weeks to dial each in but I will report back once I find out .

Its going to take me a few weeks to dial each in but I will report back once I find out .

Good, I'd love to hear a comparison from a single bike. It's easy for one person to say one thing and then another person to say something else but the back to back comparison will give us some good info. If you really wanted to make us happy, get them prejetted and ready to run, then go hit the dyno and dial the 35 in, then swap to the 38 and finish dialling it in for a curve comparison, now that would be saweet.

Not sure if he has access to a dyno but that would be nice! Snop has just done some runs on the dyno comparing the reed spacer, would be nice if you could compare the two different size carbs. Like I said I only went with the 38mm cause my porter recommended it and the company that sets up and sells the carb recommended it also. They had both the 35mm and 38mm Airstryker so its not like they were trying to push one on me. Said the difference with the PWK Airstrykers over the normal PWK had better air flow charecteristics for throttle response and low-mid power.

I know what a 38mm lectron vs a 36mm lectron on a 4 mill stroker is like (same bike). I dont have a big pwk or an airstryker though, so that probably wont happen on the dyno from my camp. Unless your running the crank dyno or a dynojet with an engine brake, its hard to dial in the needles on the dyno also.

I'm running a 36 pwk quadvent w/boyesen bowl. It runs awsome on my stock port 4mill. I was running a standard 35pwk. i just got a good deal on a new 36 so i picked it up. not sure if i noticed any difference. maybe a little more top-end, but nothing drastic. the boyesen bowl stopped the bogging through the woops though. all in all... $110 bucks well spent. :yes: