Aftermarket cluth basket

kojack

I ordered in a billet aftermarket clutch baskett that you have to remove the gear off the stock and screw it on. It didn't come with instructions but did come with bushings. Does anyone know how tight you should screw on the gear. I figure if you overtighten the gear the bushings would be useless but I dont know for sure. Let me know if anyone knows. Thanks

I ordered in a billet aftermarket clutch baskett that you have to remove the gear off the stock and screw it on. It didn't come with instructions but did come with bushings. Does anyone know how tight you should screw on the gear. I figure if you overtighten the gear the bushings would be useless but I dont know for sure. Let me know if anyone knows. Thanks

Your bike already has a billet basket on it. This going on one of the others?

I don't know about how tight to make them. Lynn at LC Performance does mine or I order them with straight-cuts pre-assembled. Sorry I can't help ya with this one.

- Jared

Put the screws pretty dang tight, and put red locktite on them. Are you going to straight cuts or not? If so you have to press the small gear out of the big gear and swap them out with the straight cuts.

Your bike already has a billet basket on it. This going on one of the others?

I don't know about how tight to make them. Lynn at LC Performance does mine or I order them with straight-cuts pre-assembled. Sorry I can't help ya with this one.

- Jared

yeah this one is going on the woods banshee not the alky one. The alky one had the hinson inside already.

Put the screws pretty dang tight, and put red locktite on them. Are you going to straight cuts or not? If so you have to press the small gear out of the big gear and swap them out with the straight cuts.

We did the job already. I did use locktight and cranked down on the screws. In the back of my head im always wondering how the bushings do anything when you crank down the screws tight. Im not going to straight cuts i just did this because i was getting some chatter.- Erik

The old basket (OEM) is riveted on from Yamaha. You can drill them out, or grind the rivets off and punch the basket off. Most billet baskets come with the clutch cushions, and the hardware to mount it to the gear. They mount up with bolts instead of rivets.

so this is something i can do myself then?

it doesnt need to be balanced or anything?

You should be able to do it yourself. I have been running mine for about 2months now. It seems easy to do like the shee said you grind off the rivets then you screw the gear into the new baskett and loctite. I havent had any issues but was wondering if there was supposed to be a little play so the cushions would work. We cranked down the screws as hard as we could then used red loctite and so far so good. Erik