Stator wattage rating

robert.b.west

My first questions is what is the wattage rating of the banshee stator. The second is has anyone put a fan behind the radiator? Would it need it? Does it have a thermostat? and finally does anyone know of any good temp gauges for it?

Edited by robert.b.west

Stock stator is 130w, you need a battery to run a decent weatherproof fan. Doesn't really need a fan, no thermostats. ESR makes a good temp gauge, and Mr. Gasket came out with a temp gauge radiator cap. Its not as accurate, but you just add about 15-20 degrees to get the actual temp.

Stock stator is 130w, you need a battery to run a decent weatherproof fan. Doesn't really need a fan, no thermostats. ESR makes a good temp gauge, and Mr. Gasket came out with a temp gauge radiator cap. Its not as accurate, but you just add about 15-20 degrees to get the actual temp.

theres also the trail tech vapor.

it has a digital back lit display and has tach,speedo,temp,and a few other goodies

Dan

Stock stator is 130w, you need a battery to run a decent weatherproof fan.

my 450r doesn't have a battery. :happy: Anyways, a good, properly jetted banshee doesn't need a fan. If temps are an issue, check jetting, check the waterpump (get a billet one) and if they're really an issue, get a PWR radiator, twice the cooling and a lot easier than a fan.

If you wanted to run a fan you will have to relocate the steering stem. :biggrin:

Here is the temp gauge I run. Mine is just a mechanical automotvie temp gauge. There is a guy that makes a kit that usese and electric gauge. I would probably went that rout if I didnt alread have this set up. That way to remove the gauge you just unplug the wires instead of having to take the capaliary tube out and drain the coolant every time.

Electric Temp Gauge LINK

Mechanical Temp Gauge LINK

Banshee_10.jpg

103_1868.jpg

Does that gaufe require a 12v dc source, or a 12v ac source voltage? Does it require voltage to run at all? Or just a ground?

Here is a link to the guy that originally started selling the kit. He says it works with both AC and DC current. Two wires to the sensor. A pos and neg from the gauge, and a wire for the light. You could just wire the light to the pos wire and it would be on all the time.

JT Atv Temp Gauge