jetting on a cr250

99mxbanshee

Not a banshee but I don't know anywhere else to ask. I have a 98 cr250 with a pro circuit exhaust. I am supposed to do some woods riding this weekend so I have to get the jetting done soon. The only problem I am having is at idle to 1/8 throttle. I started on the stock 55 pilot and went to a 52 and now a 48 all with the same problem. At idle and very little throttle it lopes like a 4 stroke with a cam. This makes it very difficult to ride slow. My manual says to start with the idle adjuster at least 36 clicks out. At that setting, it wont even try to idle. I am on 52 clicks out just to get it to idle. The bike came with a BR8ES plug but the book says it should have a BR8EG. Would that have any effect on how it runs? Should I be running a hotter plug? Am I still rich on the 48 pilot?

Not a banshee but I don't know anywhere else to ask. I have a 98 cr250 with a pro circuit exhaust. I am supposed to do some woods riding this weekend so I have to get the jetting done soon. The only problem I am having is at idle to 1/8 throttle. I started on the stock 55 pilot and went to a 52 and now a 48 all with the same problem. At idle and very little throttle it lopes like a 4 stroke with a cam. This makes it very difficult to ride slow. My manual says to start with the idle adjuster at least 36 clicks out. At that setting, it wont even try to idle. I am on 52 clicks out just to get it to idle. The bike came with a BR8ES plug but the book says it should have a BR8EG. Would that have any effect on how it runs? Should I be running a hotter plug? Am I still rich on the 48 pilot?

spark plug is not the issue. i run br8es plugs in mine and it runs great... i don't have it with me but i would look at your jetting very closely