bake off

the only way I know to do a bake off is to bake some cookies and have your neighbor bake some cookies then let your friends decide whose is best.... :thumbsup:

What exactly are you trying to do, pc something or remove some pc. if your trying to take pc off, then use a sandblaster.

i have just been sanding everything down with 60grit since i dont have a sandblaster, will that work or do i really need to buy a blaster

you can buy a small bead blaster from harbor frieght i want to say for like 300-400 bucks. maybe cheaper, but im not sure if tats just the cabnet and you still need the wand and pump and everthing else. if it is 300 for everything thats not a bad item to have around. everyone can use a good sand blaster lol

Baking the cylinders and the clutch cover are bad Ideas. Heat has the ability to WARP things. Everytime I have seen a set of cylinders get coated then baked the bore gets out of round and needs to be fixed. Just go to your hardware stool or industrial supply and get aircraft stripper. Kinda like pait stripper but more TOXIC.

BTW the cookie bake off thing was some funny sh!t

Baking the cylinders and the clutch cover are bad Ideas. Heat has the ability to WARP things. Everytime I have seen a set of cylinders get coated then baked the bore gets out of round and needs to be fixed. Just go to your hardware stool or industrial supply and get aircraft stripper. Kinda like pait stripper but more TOXIC.

BTW the cookie bake off thing was some funny sh!t

I have done more than a few jugs, they are fine with low temp bake offs. I have heard that nikosil is bad to bake off and coat, but I did a set not to long ago, and have not heard back. I assume they are fine.

Why not bake off the side cover? As long as it is not a magnesium cover it will be fine.

I have done more than a few jugs, they are fine with low temp bake offs. I have heard that nikosil is bad to bake off and coat, but I did a set not to long ago, and have not heard back. I assume they are fine.

Why not bake off the side cover? As long as it is not a magnesium cover it will be fine.

Some big motors that have had polished side covers have been known to break over time. Some believe that the heat weakens the cover allowing it to crack up by the kick starter. Anytime you heat something, even at at low temp you are making it more brittle.