1995 Banshee Carb Problems

68superbee

Haven't driven my Banshee since about February and got it out the other day but wouldnt start. I've searched a bit for the same problem but couldn't find it. It is getting spark, but we think there is no gas getting to it. We took the spark plugs out, dripped some mixture in it and then i kick started it and it cranked over then died. How do I go about cleaning out the carb... or what do i need to do. It's a stock 95 banshee. Thanks :biggrin:

Edited by 68superbee

Haven't driven my Banshee since about February and got it out the other day but wouldnt start. I've searched a bit for the same problem but couldn't find it. It is getting spark, but we think there is no gas getting to it. We took the spark plugs out, dripped some mixture in it and then i kick started it and it cranked over then died. How do I go about cleaning out the carb... or what do i need to do. It's a stock 95 banshee. Thanks :biggrin:

well if thats all yo need to do is clean the carbs, well this is how i do it.

take carbs off and take off the bowls, and spray carb cleaner all over it.

than i clean my filters while im at it.

hope this helps

well if thats all yo need to do is clean the carbs, well this is how i do it.

take carbs off and take off the bowls, and spray carb cleaner all over it.

than i clean my filters while im at it.

hope this helps

i think thats all i need to do. i was on my way to work and forgot to say that im guessing its just not getting gas atall. i tried pop starting it down a hill but it would die at the bottom when i stopped. dont know what to do...

i took the right carb off and cleaned it, but noticed the needle is bent, could this be the problem. how much are new ones generally? carb and bowls looked very clean in it....

The bowl is not what you need to look at, more importantly are the jets, when you take the bowls off make sure your jets are clean by taking them out, spray some carb cleaner in them and blow them out with compressed air

make sure all passages in the carb are clean, make sure your pilot jets are clean also and you should be good to go. As far as the needle, they are cheap to replace if it is bent, but this should not cause the problem you are having. Clean those carbs and it should fire right up!

I remove all brass fittings from the carb, scrape them clean.

Pilot Jets are so small, I use a fine speaker wire to clean them.

If the needles are bent, get new ones from sudco.com, carbparts.com or get a set of Toomey/Dynojet needles.

You can also get the needles from Vito's performance...please don't try to straighten them, they'll never work the same...

thanks for all the replies. i ordered a manual for the banshee and a needle today. i shot compressed air through everything. guess i'll get new spark plugs(these ones are fairly new), start cheap and hope its something simple. o ya i'm gonna have to get a new air filter. ahh exactly what i didnt wanna do start spending money on this thing... :biggrin: it's all stock except for reeds and im pretty sure that i put the right mixture in. this things gettin me mad.

Have you checked to make sure you are getting fuel to the carbs? Did it have fuel in the tank while it sat? Its possible that the the filter screens in the tank on the fuel valve are gummed up or the fuel lines are gummed up. If it has good fuel flow to the carbs, then disregard this post and clean the carbs replace that bent needle.