PT mid O'ring

Bairdy13

Hi guys, Would anyone happen to have a pic of the sealing face of a set of pt mids where the o ring goes? I dont think mine are in the best shape after loosing 2 new o rings after 2 rides. I just wanted to get an idea of what there ment to look like before I attempt to fix them.

Cheers

Al

Edited by Bairdy13

Yes, You probably won't find a washer large enough that is thin. If you use a thick washer it may misaline the pipes to the silencers.

I use high temp black silicone to seal all my pipes to the cylinders, even if the pipes use a oring. I don't like black goo running down the front of my motor.

Yes, You probably won't find a washer large enough that is thin. If you use a thick washer it may misaline the pipes to the silencers.

I use high temp black silicone to seal all my pipes to the cylinders, even if the pipes use a oring. I don't like black goo running down the front of my motor.

So the washer sctually slides into the pipe! just want to make sure before I go out and make them.

Cheers Lepew 4 the help, very much appreciated.

Edited by Bairdy13

The washer fits over the exhaust port of the cylinder and the sharp edge of the pipe that normally wears into the cylinder will wear into the washer. You could put a washer into the pipe like you thought I meant, but I am not sure the pipe has a consistant shoulder for the washer to lay flat on.