7 m m super cub ceased up

hey there guys i just got my bike back from the shop and it blew on me im so mad .cause he saids the bike got over heated for some reason he asked me to buy an aftermarket radiator so i did we checked the water pump and it works fine .by the way my shee is an 06 .all parts were brand new the bike dosent have more than 8 hrs on it and it just blew on me my mechanic left the throttle half way so i could get used to it .cause ive never really had that big of a motor .so he did that to be on the safe side .i also bought a temp gauge when my bike locked up the temp read 165 is that hot .my bike you leave it on for 3 min and the cylinder is way way hot and dont know why i got 39 pwk airstrikers independent fuel lines for each carb everyone saids its the jetting thats off my buddy rode the bike first he has a fast bike and he said my bike is sick fast he couldent belive it was that fast half throttle the bike did 88 mph at 7,9something half throttle is that good the bike is on a stock swing arm we had to strap it down cause it wouldent stay down .we run 1/8 mile here in miami what would be the correct jetting for this bike .the porting was done by rdz racing full drag ported i have a feeling something was built wrong . i sent out my cylinders to rdz to get it fixed and a set of brand new pistons .isent this bike sopposted to be more reliable than this i only rode my bike once and it blew .im super upset i have a 17 /39 gearing is that any good for this bike i really want to know why this bike overheated .any help would be appreciated thanks again guys please i need ur help on what this problem could be cause if i would of known that this was going to happen i would of just stayed with stock cylinders and stock crank parts alone were a little over 4500.00 its just not right

Did you put the motor on the bike after it was built?

If you did, Did you do an leakdown test?

How long was the throttle pinned before this happened?

Just because the throttle screw was limiting your thumb throttle doesnt always mean the bike isnt revving out, it just makes it take alittle longer to get there.

what gas are you running what was it set up for compression wise and if you are draggin g it i would get the billet fuel bowls i was running stock petcock and stock bowls same motor and set up as you. i was sucking them dry. make sure you have a pingle billet bowls and that you are not using a billet gas cap with the little billet top it will create a vacume and slow flow. ask me how i have been searching for a miss pop and lean condition and i think all of these are causing it. i think raound about jetting 55 main 180 pilot to start with, and also side not you cant trail ride this thing all slow in hot weather it will run hot you need to be rolling.

yea you might be drying them out if u have stock bowls, it can also be jetting if ur running to rich ur just overheating it. it would be good to a a stage or two over dial in but anything too much will just start burning it up. same thing happened to my bros 4 mill

take the cub off the motor, post pics of the domes, the bore, the exh port, intake port looking down, will be able to see if the plating gave or snagged a ring or knock.

also dont understand you have all this money invested and running it on stock swinger ,etc a bike has a lot to do with setup not just motor.

anyway tear it apart and post pics

I dont know alot of about banshee's just enough to get by, But what I am noticing is these big drag bikes have quite a few quirks and stuff and judging from the kind of questions your asking your gonna have a hell of time trying to keep up with that bike. Just my 2 cents!

man my cub bike wasent at all my fault in why it ceased up i dont abuse my bike and i do have a pingel valve with stock bowls .dont know to much about bikes but i do know that theres alot of money in this bike and it only lastest me 2 days and i wasent even pinned when she locked up on me .when i took it to the mechanic the bike unlocked and i now need to get to brand new pistons and i took my cylinders back to rdz for eaither honeing or replateing i whats this motor well built on 110 gass run 1/4 mile and 1/8 mie just an estimation everything on this bike is brand new .something went wrong on ths bike that was not me who did it .and i really am mad cause if i blew it and i knew that it was my fault i would be cool with it cause i did it but i know for a fact that it locked up for the bike being built wrong or something .i wont take blame for this .but im screwed and now i need to pay for it so i just want to find a solution to my bike cause if not im going to sell it anyinputs i wouldreally like thanks guys

did you by chance break the motor in before you did the high speed runs?? I know when I rebuilt my cheetah I took a full day to do the intial break in and then the 2nd day i started to get on it but I didn't open the throttle all the way or go past 4th gear until the end of the day. When you took the cylinders off what did it look like inside? What jetting were you using??

AGREEDED W/ HANDYMAN, YOU ALWAYS GOT TO BREAK A MOTOR IN WHEN ITS BRAND NEW SPECIALLY IF YOU JUST BUILT IT FROM THE GROUND UP GETTING YOUR JETTING HELPS ALSO.... I TRY AND GO THROUGH 1 TANK GOING UPTO HALF THROTTLE 2ND TANK 3/4 THROTTLE AND 3RD TANK FULL THROTTLE BUT NOT FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME......BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I JUST BLEW UP MY BIKE TRING TO BEAT A KID ON A 250R WHO WHEELIED PAST ME...ARRGGGHHHHHHHH

the moment it got out of the shop we took it to the track i mean b4 it got to the track we took it for a few drives but dident get past a gas tank but from the very moment the bike was overheating my mechanic blew a piston ring b4 giveing me the bike .and i also had to pay for that .but i know besides the break in that my motor has something 4 sure .i mean the port job i know is fantastic it camr from rdz i bought my cylinder from them and they sent it out to get plated and they did best port job you can give them in sence of tripple port or full drag what should a 7 mm super cub run

the moment it got out of the shop we took it to the track i mean b4 it got to the track we took it for a few drives but dident get past a gas tank but from the very moment the bike was overheating my mechanic blew a piston ring b4 giveing me the bike .and i also had to pay for that .but i know besides the break in that my motor has something 4 sure .i mean the port job i know is fantastic it camr from rdz i bought my cylinder from them and they sent it out to get plated and they did best port job you can give them in sence of tripple port or full drag what should a 7 mm super cub run

It is very normal for operating temps to rise during break in. There is a lot more friction in a new motor that must be dissipated. A close eye on temps is a must, especially when you are substantially boosting the displacement of the engine. If you are having this much trouble, I would want to know what the piston/cylinder clearances look like and if you have damaged the Nikasil yet.

Brandon