Ricky Stator products

Ricky Stator products  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to get as much feedback as I can to sent to other message boards, as well as to the company themselves. I think their products are garbage. They have their stuff being sold all over the place, and it pisses me off how many times Ive been screwed by them. Sure it has a warranty, but its warrantied garbage. Ive also heard MANY stories here and other places about their stuff. More specific, the stators and flywheels. I will never buy those product again, now any of them. I refuse to give money to people for consistent garbage. Please if you have anything to add to this positive or negative, please post, because Im going to copy this and mail it to them, and warn them I may copy and post this EVERYWHERE! Thanks.

Shannon

Only problem ive ever had a problem with from them was a adj. timing plate. It stripped with no pressure on the bolts at all... Other then that, I have a RS flywheel on my drag bike, RS stator on my wifes bike, and have not had a problem with them. Its hard not to use them because they have good prices on expensive parts. I am not 100% happy with thier products, but I will buy them again.

• 2 months later...

YEP.. its JUNK!! bought a new high output stator and it lasted a month past the warranty and poof, gone. mine would run but cutout at high rpm. yesterday we took a 3 hour trip to ride, my buddys shee ran for about ten minutes and lost spark, used the clymers to test and the stator tested bad, also bolted his cdi on my bike and it was ok.. pulled the flywheel and damn, another bad ricky stator, i told him to find a good used oem yamaha one.. ricky stator is junk.. i still have my old stator from them hanging on the shop wall, i would love to trade it back to them for another one or my money back.. totally disatisfied..

• 1 month later...

I agree that their prices are good, but half the time thier products come broken or in the case of the timing plates they come missadjusted and you have to break them to get them to work. I personally don't ever want to buy from a company that I know the product has a 50% chance of not working the first time. With all the problems they seem to have it is hard for retailers to sell their product knowing that some of them are going to return upset about RS shit not working. There was a time that things were different and I wish RS would go back to the good old days of compentent quality asurance. In the meantime people will continue to buy their shit because it is cheap and in some case the only one producing products.

wow you guys are sure upset

i got a 200w stator from them & put it in hooked it up & it would not fire

pulled it out sent it back & he calls me & asked if i had switched the wires around in the plug

i told him NO why he said that the wire positions were switched :down:

talk about quality control you would think that you would test some thing before you send it out :confused:

wel i hope andrew will chime back in.. his stator lasted maybe a week, the screws that hold the stator to the timing plate backed out and the stator got smashed by the flywheel., this being said, the stator and timing plate came already bolted together from ricky stator so that is there fault for not checking there items before they ship.. he sent it back in with receipt and they refused to replace it.. he explained what happened and the said it looked deliberately done.. thats BS.. F*CK ricky stator as far as i am concerned..

we use alot of their stuff, and honestly. The only non-install induced problem we had is loose flywheel rivets on a lightened flywheel. But, we had it lightened, so who is to say that they didn't stop chuck the lathe on it, and cause it to get slightly loose in the first place. Alot of problems people have, is they just bolt on the flywheel and expect everything to work. Pickup gap needs set, you need an rs regulator, you need to seperate the light wiring from the harness, and you need to regulate the lights after the switch if you can (upgraded switch with at least 18 amp contacts in it). This keeps everything from melting together, ruining stuff, and causing runability issues. So, people say they know how to install a stator, but I bet they didn't know all this had to be done to install ia 200w rs unit properly. Then someone will say, well rs says its a stock drop in thing. Well, it is, but you need to re-run some stuff to ensure longevity. Your adding a 100w to the stock regulator, and when the bike is running with lights off, it is shunting 200w to ground at 6k rpm through the regulator.

Edited by Snopczynski

not everyone buys the high output stator(200w) a lot of people buy the stock replacement.. its really not that hard to swap out a stator.. anyone that can jet there carbs can do a stator swap... i will agree on the 200w unit though.. u are adding double the current to the electrical system.. but i have seen to much of there stuff that is junk..

Well a few weeks ago I sent in my flywheel and stator to get warrantied. The fywheel rivets came loose and the flywheel contacted the stator. I got a new flywheel, and the stator they sent back had green pole contacts instead of red like the one I sent them. I am thinking they either changed the stator design in the last few months, or got a new vendor and have them made by someone else now.