A little raptor question

Ok heres the deal my raptor headpipe likses to turn cherry red, when im gunnin on it it will turn red all the way back where the header meets the silencer its a yoshi full system so i no the headpipe is thinner but still this aint normal to run that hot, jetting looks good by spark plus, could it be in need of a valve adjustment? Or im thinkin the clutch might be slippin just enough for the extera heat? Jw if anyone got any ideas?

Its fine... Lots of Raptors and YFZs glow at night. Yoshimura makes the pipes thinner to save weight and it glows pretty easily. If you have checked your jetting and it looks ok, its fine.

What kinda a arms yu got on there man my raptor front end needs some tweakin heh couple rough trails and im all outa whack so im gonna get her lookin mint like urs, ty for the post bro... O btw do you have a performance shop or somthin cuase im lookin for a good builder for my raptor motor let me no

Edited by Bansheeman1121

if it is glowing back to the silencer then you are too lean. glowing 6 in. is normal but that sounds lean i would go up a size or two on your main and see what that gets you. normally when you are going fast your getting more air to the radiator and that keeps it cooler four strokes tend to overheat more at at idle.

is it a 700? cuz then that whole jetting thing is out the window...

Edited by RoostRocket

What kinda a arms yu got on there man my raptor front end needs some tweakin heh couple rough trails and im all outa whack so im gonna get her lookin mint like urs, ty for the post bro... O btw do you have a performance shop or somthin cuase im lookin for a good builder for my raptor motor let me no

Do you have a 660 or 700? My a-arms are stock 700 arms. If you have a 700 and are lean you will need to get a MAP for you mods, or better yet, get to a dyno and make a custom map for you bike. No I dont have a performance shop, if you are looking for a good raptor man, get Jeff at Fast to build you a motor. He builds a MEAN 686 if you have a 660 now.