motor decisions

strokerace

ok heres the question have a little time to make up my mind I just sold my 73mm cheetah cylinders and hole topend carbs included off my 4 mill today. Last week i bought a rigid chassy for my 18 mil which im going to build in the next couple weeks and run this year but that leaves my e.t. bike down i was going to build a 4 mill d.m. cylinder and put in my stock drag chassy that im running now but then i got to thinking what about a 10 mill the only difference would be the crank in price they say that the 4 mill d.m. is a real screamer but my heads a running in a thousand different directions on what to do just wondering about some opinions even thought about a turbo on my 18 mill from a&s whichwould be mean but howconsistant and reliable would that grenade be

im not sure if you are only running asphalt or not but from what ive seen the 4mm's are pretty quick when the sand tracks are very dry and conditions are just right.. if the track is wet then the bigger motors start hitting the faster 60fts and the 4mm's start slowing down some (i use some loosely)..

if it were me and i wasnt needing to worry over the extra cost of the crank and trench work (not to take into account the case work for the dm's thats already needed), i would do the 10mm the torque will always be helpful on the track..

Edited by lowriderb

i already have the 4 mill crank and plan on building it over winter dont really know if i want to build the 10 because how much faster will it be over the 4 and i already got my 18mill just kind of weighing out the two the 4 mill will rev to the moon and the 10 has more torque but just dont know kim at k&t said the 4 mill dm screamed like a raped ape

Since you already have the 18...I'd say build a 4 just so you can see what you can get out of it, Shane...

Unless you like tuning more than riding, I say stay away from a Turbo...they're a real PITA.

Don't get me wrong, tuned right, they are absolutely amazing....and very hard to beat.

But they're just a tuning nightmare....

If anyone can get one to run, it's Dan Hull.

Just be ready to ride that turbo bike...in the end of '08...

yes thats what i have hurd about the turbo bikes talked myself out of doing that really leaning toward the 4 mill over the 10 but i really dont knoweven thought about a 7 i going to start on this in the winter so im not rushed on time going to put new motor in drag frame i already have and put 18 in a rigid frame and i have to get thet done first