Amargosa "Big Dune"

theeechozen1

I went out to Amargosa this morning (left at 5 am) to dune the buggy around for a couple hours. It's about 100 miles north of Vegas....for such a small set of dunes I must say it was alot of fun! I highly suggest checking this place out if your in the area. Some sweet jumps and in general just beats the hell out of riding in dirt :biggrin: It was 78 when we got there around 6 and 90 when we left at 9....I cant wait till the weather gets nice so I can spend some more time at all of the dunes around Vegas! Sorry was having too much fun to take any pics, I will get some next time I go....I should have the shee back together by then.

• 4 weeks later...

I drove by Armagosa a couple monthes ago. Looks like a sweet place to ride for sure. You also should come up to Utard land and hit Sand Hollow and the pinks. I know what you mean about the heat 98 sounds like great riding weather to me right now. We went sand hollow the other day 118 :evil: we ride for maybe 5 and jump in the lake. Summer blows.

Sand Hollow is fun as well. I like Coral pink better. The Honshee at Sand Hollow.

Yes I also like the pinks better. I love that it takes me maybe 10 to 15 mins to get to sand hollow though. To many rocks at sand hollow is the only downfall.

SoCalinIt,

Sorry to hear you are headed to Dumont for Halloween. We will be in Glamis at the same spot on Gecko about pad 2. I will be there from 10/26-11/5. Here is a pic from Dumont.

Docbones

You guys going out for Prez Day again this year? I'll be in Glamis for that one for sure.

Thanksgiving, Vet Day, MLK, Prez Day, and sure a few more...

I went out to Amargosa this morning (left at 5 am) to dune the buggy around for a couple hours. It's about 100 miles north of Vegas....for such a small set of dunes I must say it was alot of fun! I highly suggest checking this place out if your in the area. Some sweet jumps and in general just beats the hell out of riding in dirt :biggrin: It was 78 when we got there around 6 and 90 when we left at 9....I cant wait till the weather gets nice so I can spend some more time at all of the dunes around Vegas! Sorry was having too much fun to take any pics, I will get some next time I go....I should have the shee back together by then.

I really like the Amargosa dunes. I go to Dumont once or twice a year and Coral Pink about once every other year, so it is fun to relax and throw some sand every month or so at Amargosa. :cool: I went to Sand Hollow in 04 (without paddles) and I would like to try it again soon. And, of course, I cannot wait to make the trip to Glamis for the first time! :biggrin: I am thinking that will be the ultimate hook. Might have to plan a little banshee "Pork Project" in the household budget for that one!

ya if you have never been to the G-Spot you will get hooked....it blows away all of the dunes I have been to (especially on the off weekends when it's not real crowded)....I am torn between Dumont and Glamis for Holloween, the short drive from here is really nice. I still gots some stuff to do to the rail and get the shee back together, it's getting close!

• 2 weeks later...