ok, now what?

ok so i rebuilt my stock carbs yesterday, finished putting stuff back this afternoon......

i started it up and i was going to take it out for a quick test drive..........

last time i took her out it was runing like crap..... no power what so ever......... bogging down like crazy when in gear....

back to today........ i was opening my gate and relized that only one pipe was blowing out smoke.... the right one.........

the other (left) was throwing out just air..... i accelerated it really quick and saw white smoke come out temporary then went back to not smoking (by smoke i mean burnt exhaust gas from combustion)

if i would put my hand over the left silencer and blocked it off it would continue to run, over the right silencer it would shut off right away

i shut her off. then took out the spark plugs one by one... i realized that the left pipe was cold, the right one was warm , from idling for a couple minutes........

it idled , without shutting off....... but when in gear it would bogg down while trying to get the bike going..... Duh cuz its only on 1 cylinder....

while it was idling, if id disconnect the left side spark plug wire it would remain running without a change in anything. if i took off the right one off it would shut off

so i checked for compression.... i used my finger put it in te hole to see if it blew it off... it did on both sides.........

no problem, i checked for spark, yea after getting shocked a few times it made it pretty clear that it had spark.....

and fuel... yes it did

my left spark plug was wet with gas , so i put in another one....... i also realized that the wet spark plug had some kind of grey rtv silicone looking thing inside of the gap area... the piece where the threads are at but inside the plug .... 2 little pieces wtf??? really small pieces maybe the size of half a grain of rice

i exchanged spark plug wires on the right side and it would run...... so the coil looks good......... i think....

after getting frustrated i i put the plugs back in and started the bike......... i reved to see if maybe it would start blowing smoke like it did the first time i ealized it wasnt..... so i put my hand over the hole of the silencer i reved it... next thing you know my hand is full of gas (liquid).......

at this point im completely lost... and i dont know what to do. any further checks i should try.... anyone experience this before??

thanks for the help

J-Sun Custom T-Shirts Jason V.

JSunCustomTShirts.com

do a compresion test with a good gauge. after that if your #'s are good pull you left carb and check it out.

sounds like low compression on the left side or a jetting issue. good luck