Spitting coolant...

Devans

I started the shee up just as i got back from vacation and before it even got fully warmed up i felt water splash on my leg, this being the radiator overflow.. The water was cool and seemed to only do it as the revs got higher. I also noticed my coolant overflow tank was full as can be?!? First thing that came to my mind was that my head gasket is blown... Anyone else have these problems before? I dont want to rip my head off and it not be my head gasket i have a ride to do coming up soon too.. of course, lol.

Did you fill the over flow tank or was it empty when you started the bike? I was having that same

problem when I first got mine and found that it only happened when I had filled the over flow tank

with even a little bit of coolant but when its empty it wouldnt spit anything out.Ive heard alot of people

taking the tank off completely and not having any issues but I havnt done it yet.

Did you fill the over flow tank or was it empty when you started the bike? I was having that same

problem when I first got mine and found that it only happened when I had filled the over flow tank

with even a little bit of coolant but when its empty it wouldnt spit anything out.Ive heard alot of people

taking the tank off completely and not having any issues but I havnt done it yet.

It was full to the full mark, after it started spitting it was full all the way to the top :confused:

take the rad cover off and pull the rad cap, fire the bike up and watch the coolant in the rad. If it is bubbling then you have a bad head gasket!

Yea, this was the first thing i did, it seemed to be bubbling and foaming.. Im going to try finding a head gasket around town tmo and see if that solves the problem..