Raptor 700?

If you are wanting a trail bike, and a duner, I would get a Raptor 700. Its got more then enough power, there is a nice selection of aftermarket parts available, the SE raptors like mine have the same suspension as the YFZ, mapping the EFI is a snap, and they have reverse. I dont have any real complaints about mine.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend and brother in law both have raptors and I think there a blast, my friend just has a pipe on his and he right is there with me on strights.. and in my mind I would go with a raptor over a 450 just for the reverse cuz ive been in a few hairy situations and it sucks having to flip the bike around to get out the the area we were riding at. plus im fat and lazy somtimes lol.

Edited by wwhite749

Let me add my .02$

Just picked one up tonite. I wouldnt have traveled over to the darkside

if I hadnt of gotten a smokin' deal on the bike.

The sumbitch has got some major torque down low and will do wheelies

at will with a push of the throttle.

I think its gonna be a really fun trail bike.

However, it isnt any match for my fast 4mill. :evil:

Cant compare with the 450 as I have absolutely no experience with them.

700s are VERY fun bikes! I rode the wifes some at St Anthony dunes and i cant find any flaws about it. It is a bone stock 06 and is a blast to ride. Easy to ride and lots of torque. You have to almost short shift them as they dont like to rev like a 450. Awesome trail/dune bike to add to your stable !

They are fun little bastards... I am putting pipes, a hotcam stage II cam and a custom fuel map on mine next week.... Its gonna rip for a 4 stroke.

I have a 2006 raptor 700R anniversary addition. It haul pretty good! Stock for stock is faster than my 2000 banshee. They are awesome machines, the EFI is great and the machine is just all around awesome. It got more horsepower and torque than the 450's and is much more comfortable and relaible. Compared to the banshee stock the 700 sits higher but its not a problem, the suspension is more responsive, and the power of the raptor is insane. I love both machines they are so hard to compare. I am positive if you get a raptor you will love it!

700s are VERY fun bikes! I rode the wifes some at St Anthony dunes and i cant find any flaws about it. It is a bone stock 06 and is a blast to ride. Easy to ride and lots of torque. You have to almost short shift them as they dont like to rev like a 450. Awesome trail/dune bike to add to your stable !

You've got a stock bike? :blink:

You've got a stock bike? :blink:

He said it was his wifes....LOL...

Which means, it's stock...for now.

I'd take a 450 over an older 660 raptor, but I'd take the 700 over that.

Then again, I already have a drag banshee...so, it would be my duner/backup/trail bike...

With the same mods, cams, air filter and pipes, it will beat any 450 with the same mods in a drag race...

I'd dare to say the 450 will be a better trail machine due to better ergos and suspension...though.

A good set of duals really wakes the 700s up. I put some DMCs on mine last night and it woke it up quite a bit. Cant wait for my cam to get put in this week.

A good set of duals really wakes the 700s up. I put some DMCs on mine last night and it woke it up quite a bit. Cant wait for my cam to get put in this week.

How come you didn't go with Barker pipes?? They are F'ing suite...have two buds that have 'em....

How come you didn't go with Barker pipes?? They are F'ing suite...have two buds that have 'em....

$$$... lol I got these DMCs used with like 4 hours on them for $200 bucks. I like the barkers, but I couldnt turn this deal down. That and I really like the look of the DMCs.

2007_0717Raptor0002.jpg

2007_0717Raptor0003.jpg

Um...yeah, I'm thinking you stole those pipes...good for you man!!! They look nice...

brady080 has a bad ass Raptor on Meth, that bike is fast and looks killer...

Thanks.... a methanol raptor would be cool as hell. Tell him to get some pics on here so I can see it.