red sticker sucks

whats up to u guys well i have a problem i got a 2006 banshee and didnt know about the red sticker deal well i got one and it sucks because i cant ride any where local i have to go far so i like to know if u guys can help me i like to know how i can convert to green sticker im form california. :thanks:

whats up to u guys well i have a problem i got a 2006 banshee and didnt know about the red sticker deal well i got one and it sucks because i cant ride any where local i have to go far so i like to know if u guys can help me i like to know how i can convert to green sticker im form california. :thanks:

ther eis nothing you can do to convert a red sticker into a green sorry bud only think you could do is sell your bike and get an older one...

i have a 2000 and live in ca

you can ride private land and race tracks but just not publikc lands

how do you know if you have a red sticker or a green sticker AND whats the difference?

Red and green stickers are for off road motorcycles and atvs that are registered in California. Green stickered vehicles can ride on public land anytime of the year. Red stickered vehicles may only be used during specified times of the year on public lands. Since you are in MA you don't have to worry (yet).

Brian

dmv sent me a red sticker the first year i had my bike then the next time i paid i got a green sticker. if your in sd county are you really going to glamis or octillo during the summer?

Red and green stickers are for off road motorcycles and atvs that are registered in California. Green stickered vehicles can ride on public land anytime of the year. Red stickered vehicles may only be used during specified times of the year on public lands. Since you are in MA you don't have to worry (yet).

Brian

iN OTHER WORDS ITS JUST ANOTHER WAY FOR CLAIFORNIA TO TAX THE SHIT OUT OF US, I HEARD THE GOT OVER 16 MILLION JUST FOR RED AND GREEN STICKERS LAST YEAR...

You could MABY buy a 02 or older frame and get it tilted. Then swop some parts over :shrug:

Where in CA are you?

im in the san gabriel valley and i been thinking on the swap deal but i think the check the motor serial number and go buy that so i dont know if i should swap the frame or motor or both i think i will just buy a older frame with a blow motor and swap all my stuff

California must think late model banshees pollute less if ridden on private land compared to public land.

no shit they suck big balls out here well if u guys know of any other ways let me know thanks for your help

Edited by rotorsport

Yeah, either get a pre '03 Banshee, or a pre '03 Banshee frame with a title and swap all your parts.

I had bought an '03 Blaster which I knew had a red sticker. I thought I wouldn't want to ride in the summer anyways. Boy was I wrong. So I sold that one for $2k and got a '02 for $1650 that just had a fresh top end put in it. So I made some money on the deal and got a green stickered quad.

Yes, California sucks like that.

It's only on two strokes though... 2 stroke 2002 and older dirt bikes and ATV's are green sticker, 2 stroke 2003 and on dirt bikes and ATV's are red sticker... If you have a 4 stroke ATV of dirt bike, you're OK for all years...

Actually that's not quite true. There were a few four strokes that got red stickers as well. DMV looks at the 8th position on the FRAME VIN, if its a "3" or a "C" and the year is 2003 or newer you get a red sticker. The engine number/type don't matter. The reason for the <2002 vs. >2003 is because older bikes were grandfathered (basically they made a new law that applied to all new bikes). Some areas in California don't care about red/green and some don't patrol. You can look up the different riding areas and see what months they won't allow red stickered bikes. Usually its only 2-3 months during the summertime.

The reason why some people got a red sticker and then had it switch to green is because the original law was for 1998 and newer (I think that was the year). Anyway they took that one back after a couple months and changed it to 2003. I think it had something to do with when the law was written vs. when it finally made it thru the system and got implemented. Anyone that renewed their registration during those couple months got screwed for a year (unless they went back to the DMV after it was fixed).

Only option you have is to pick up a new frame. Usually you can find one on the HQ for less than $200 or so shipped to the nearest Greyhound station. Just make sure its newer than 91 or your a-arms won't work.

Edited by Wallrat