brand new stator = dead

i was riding my quad a week ago when it died.....

i busted out the climbers and found out real fast that

my brand new stator was dead. >.<

of the 3 tests it was the red and green wires that didnt return a resistance.

which i belive is the charging coil

the other two test were right on the money.

i even checked the resistance across the points right on the stator itself, where the wires are stoldered to the stator itself,

and there was still nothing.

so now im looking for options.

its there a way i can fix this??

get it rewound rather then dishing out 125 bucks for a new stator

or any idea what might have caused this???

why woulda brand new stator withy one tank of gas on it go bad???

Without looking, the red and green are ignition and the stripers are the pulse coil. Either way, I would like to know what meter you are using or at least know that you did the test correctly. If so, I too would like to know why it failed so fast. Is this an OEM or RS setup? I bet Ricky would help you out if it is toast already. There is a reason. You can kill the lighting side by overloading but ignition side is high enough resistance that nothing should faze it. Might want to take a close look at the wire harness or at least check resistance right at the stator to eliminate wire issues.

Brandon

Edited by blowit

Without looking, the red and green are ignition and the stripers are the pulse coil. Either way, I would like to know what meter you are using or at least know that you did the test correctly. If so, I too would like to know why it failed so fast. Is this an OEM or RS setup? I bet Ricky would help you out if it is toast already. There is a reason. You can kill the lighting side by overloading but ignition side is high enough resistance that nothing should faze it. Might want to take a close look at the wire harness or at least check resistance right at the stator to eliminate wire issues.

Brandon

im positive i did the test right

i check the wires going from the wiring harnes to the stator itself and they were fine

so there was no break in them

which leave the problem to be the stator itself

im not sure what type of multi meter i used

it was one my brother had laying around that he uses for work

the stator is a ricky stator setup ... came with a adjustable timing plate and all

the stator is a ricky stator setup ... came with a adjustable timing plate and all

oh you installed it wrong bla bla bla Im saving someone else the trouble............Yep RS stators are junk 9 out of 10 builders wont use them their is a resone for that :thumbsup: