Gearing For drags

dekker

Hey Guys,

I have been doin a little drag racing up at silver .... on the dunes not at the track but I was wondering what you thinkg would be the best sprocket combo. My mods are in my sig. Im running 8 paddle haulers and a 15 tooth front as or now and I launch in first. Last week I dusted another banshee and beat my cousins yz250 10 out of 10 times on the wet sand but he has no paddle... anyway back to gearing . Should i take the front sprocket down or leave it where its at and launch in 1st Thanks

Zach :biggrin:

I'm a fan of launching in 2nd, 3rd always seems to pull ridiculously hard so the quicker I can get to that gear the better IMO, and 1st always seems so short. Try a 14t up front and see if you can launch in 2nd. If not sounds like ur doin good how it is.

Thanks for the replies guys. Dajogejr I do have 8 inch rims which is a plus. Headed up this morning. Hopefully there will be some ppl there Fridays are usually decent. Still have not had a chance to line up with a 450 yet !

Alright guys .... good trip to silver ... so i get in my first drag race..... yzf450 and heres how it goes.... he beats me out of the hole of course.... then i hit second and am pulling ..... hit third and im even then pull ahead by about a bike.... then im like alright time for light speed and go to shift into fourth and the fucker will not shift up im pretty sure i almost broke the shifter off and it would not go. It did this multiple times between second and thrid and third and fourth and needless to say u cant drag with 3 gears.... so yea im gonna check my shifter adjustment. Needless to say he shifted and passed and i was pissed the only way i could get that thing to go was to reach down and pull it with my hand. but it seemed to shift alright in the lower RPM"s so i duno whats up