450R shocks with yfz450 arms help

melon350

Dont think ltr shocks will work abit long. They are 17.68 long according to WORKS..

ive been looking into the ltr shocks alittle more and alot of people with ltr are telling me that the front shocks are 17" eye to eye stock, but if u get them rebuilt is when there 17.68". So if u use 450 spindles they might work it would be pushing it but it think ben measured around 17.3". I havent got my hands on one to measure myself so im just going off what ive been told...

i believe that Ben's new shocks are more like 16-5/8 and hes using the yfz spindles.

Ya u are right on his shock length. But here are his measurements with no shocks "One more thing, I measured from shock mounting bolt eye to eye at full extension on both of 'em, and here's what I got:

Brandon's with Banshee spindles 16-3/8"

Mine with YFZ450 spindles 17-3/8" without the bars turned, 16-5/8" on the outside arm when turned".. that is from one of bens posts.

So the ltr's MIGHT be possible..

• 2 months later...

Not sure if anyone else has done it yet, but I put ltr450 shocks on today. They work great with the rezzies toward the front, look really cool too. I installed without springs first to check for clearance and everything was great, measured over 9" of wheel travel. It sits pretty high, but not to bad, I'll get some pics posted in the next couple of days. Just used some washers to space the shocks as far forward as I could so the springs wouldn't rub on the arms. Hit the jump in the back yard a few times and they feel the best of the 3 shocks I have tried. The 450r shocks would have been a close second if they didn't hit the arm.

• 11 months later...