What size? how many paddles?

fun_on_the_sand

Hey guys

I got my mods done and the shee dailed 70hp on the dyno.

I want to get Skat Trak Extremes.

I thought of 20X10X10 and 10 paddles

What size and how many paddles would you recomend?

Do you think I can get biger in size? or get more paddles?

Thank you guys

What dune area do you ride? Where did you run on a dyno? What length swingarm do you have? What is your sort of riding style (cruise, agressive, etc.)? Do you do any frequent drag racing?

What dune area do you ride? Where did you run on a dyno? What length swingarm do you have? What is your sort of riding style (cruise, agressive, etc.)? Do you do any frequent drag racing?

- I ride on Glamis Ca

- I got the dyno ran by D&M in Phoenix Az

- Singarm is +4"

- I do 50% sand dunnung and 50% Drag Racing on Oldsmobile Hill

I run 22-11-8 69 rollout 9-paddle haulers w/6inch swinger, bike dynoed at 85 horse and I need more swinger. I am skyward every launch and as I am letting out of it to not land on my lid, slower bikes leave me in the dust. You are only running a +4, I agree w/firehead, 8 paddle b2b hauler(or sls if your guys sand is that clean). W/ a less rollout tire(20x10x10 for example) you will usually have to run more paddles to get the same bite.

I run 22-11-8 69 rollout 9-paddle haulers w/6inch swinger, bike dynoed at 85 horse and I need more swinger. I am skyward every launch and as I am letting out of it to not land on my lid, slower bikes leave me in the dust. You are only running a +4, I agree w/firehead, 8 paddle b2b hauler(or sls if your guys sand is that clean). W/ a less rollout tire(20x10x10 for example) you will usually have to run more paddles to get the same bite.

I am sorry, what do you mean by "b2b" and "sls"?

By rollout you mean leaver arm, diameter?

Thank you

I'm running about the same power. 380 4mil/long rod, t5's 30mm carbs, moderate dune play, billet manifold, 165 psi. I have a +4 swinger, +2+1 a-arms. 225 pound rider. I had 20X10X10 9 paddle extremes. 15tooth 41 rear. Could drop it in 2nd dragging and fly out of the hole. But to much paddle once you get up to speed. Borrowed a friends 21X12X8 regular 8 paddles. Made a huge difference. Not as much out of the whole, but a lot more top speed, plus softer ride. Only down side to the 8 inch rim, tire likes to roll up on the side instead of sliding. You have to work a lot harder to slide the bike playing on the dunes. For dragging the 8 is great, plus more side wall lets it flex more to grab out of the whole, like a dragster and grow in size as the sped get higher, helping top in diameter/making your gears taller. Not a huge change, but more than the 10 rim does.

Also the type of sand you are riding in, coarse or fine and the amount of moisture in the sand makes a difference as well.