Earnheardt Jr leaving dei

chase@miamiatv.com

I read a couple of articles on this yesterday. It kinda sounds more like he is leaning towards Hendrick right now. He wants to go to a team that has a pretty firm grasp on the COT and Hendrick is kicking ass right now. I think DEI is going to bomb now. I think it is great that Budweiser is staying with Jr and not going with DEI. It would be a huge mistake if they didnt. Teresa is an idiot. Just my .02

DEI has been spiraling around the drain for the last few years. Dale Jr. leaving wasn't a surprise. It had been known, within the industry, for a couple of week prior. Almost all of the good folks from that organization have been gone fore some time. FOr me it all started when Chuck Jenks abandoned ship. Within a two years, DEI will be a back marker organization. Without Dale Jr., DEI is just a museum.

For the most part, Dale Jr.'s new team setup is already a done deal. I would guess that it will be thrown out to the media after or around Memorial day.

RCR called a press conference this morning. There is speculation that Dale already signed the deal with Richard and just stated that he's leaving DEI. If Dale goes to RCR there is talk about him driving the 33 car. Dale also said that he's not planning on driving the 3 car until later in his career. DEI has already started to go down the drain....Teresa is going to bankrupt the company

That would be cool if he did go to RCR and race his dads number eventually. I dont know that she will bankrupt the company completely. I think you will see the actual racing end of it go down the tubes but the sales of the Dale Sr merchandise will probably keep the DEI name afloat and it will end up like FireHead said, a museum.

RCR called a press conference this morning. There is speculation that Dale already signed the deal with Richard and just stated that he's leaving DEI. If Dale goes to RCR there is talk about him driving the 33 car. Dale also said that he's not planning on driving the 3 car until later in his career. DEI has already started to go down the drain....Teresa is going to bankrupt the company

I doubt Teresa is going to bankrupt DEI. They are just going through a bit of a downturn. There are a lot teams that have gone through similair circumstqnces over the years.

From what I understand Dale did a pretty good job shopping himself around before he bailed on DEI. He has offers from most of the Chevy teams. RCR is not where I heard he is going from what I know, but my gossip is probably not much better than Speedvision's.

My wife is going around and buying up stuff with his #8 car before it is all gone. She loves Jr, I am a Tony Stewart fan and on race day we wish each driver bad luck! I think it is a goos move though, he has not been running very good, he needs a new drive to motivate him. Just wait he will be unstopable next year. What the hell is up with the #24 car, he is on fire this season.

i personally think that dumb bitch teresa is driving the company into the ground ! wtf is left of dei ? like whoever said a meusuem?** lol

I was the person who said the DEI building was pretty much just a museum these days. Teresa is a nice lady, but she has certainly been a victim of the circumstances in this whole deal. I don't think anyone could have avoided alot of the crap that has gone on at DEI. Corporate racing is an odd business. Among all of the odd things that happen is that when one of the popular technical folks leaves alot of the other people in the company tend to scatter as well and then whoever is left winds up holding the bag. That's one reason you always have to have your ears open, as to avoid not having a chair left to sit in after the music stops. :geek:

My wife is going around and buying up stuff with his #8 car before it is all gone. She loves Jr, I am a Tony Stewart fan and on race day we wish each driver bad luck! I think it is a goos move though, he has not been running very good, he needs a new drive to motivate him. Just wait he will be unstopable next year. What the hell is up with the #24 car, he is on fire this season.

Both, Dale and Tony, are great guys. They are really good friends at the track and off the track.

I suspect you are going to see another #8 car with Budweiser sponsorship next year. I am not sure how that works with all the NASCAR collectible stuff. I suppose it woill be worth something if it actually says DEI on it.

Jeff (#24) is also a really good guy. He is a great guy for a midget (I am not sure he even came up to my arm pit height). Every time I was around him I felt like I was at a Formula 1 race (all the drivers are small for the most part). The Hendrick engine program is the key to alot of folks success this year. :geek:

I also heard that DEI is going with FORDS, Dale Jr. basically said "I ain't drivin no Ford" lmao.. Anyone here been to the DEI Building? Some sweet cars in the main lobby, and RCR has some sick cars as well, went last year and did that Petty experience in Charlotte, NC. But the ford thing made me laugh when i heard that, Jr's my boy! :biggrin:

Chevy for Life

Eric

Jr's crew chief was suspended 6 races and fined 100 grand for using the wrong brackets on the COT car's rear wing. Nascar hands these out on thursdays before inspection. The ALL-STAR challenge is Saturday night. 1 million bucks for first place. everyone else takes home nothing.

Negotiation rumors. Last night Joe Gibs football plane pulled up to Jr's airplane hanger in North Carolina no one saw anybody, but why was that plane there??? Joe Gibbs does have room to field another car in the Nextel cup series, Tony Stewart and JR allready practice drafting together at the big tracks. Gibbs is anti-alchohol and doesn't want the Bud sponsor, JR doesn't want to give up the SPONSOR of sponsors.

Here's a little something I was reading about DEI & Budweiser reactions to this whole thing: http://aolsvc.sports.aol.nascar.com/2007/n...dtjr/index.html

I would'nt doubt that alot of companies are biding for Jr to race for them, to get him in your camp would gurantee alot of $$$$ in marketing.